Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Ski Trip for Honeymoon

Has anyone done it or is thinking about doing it? Thoughts? Our wedding is in June and we are thinking about heading to South America to ski.

Re: Ski Trip for Honeymoon

• Options
    My FI and I are getting married October 2014, and we're planning on waiting until December and then going up to Canada for a ski trip! Haven't hashed out all the details yet, obviously, but we'd probably stay for a week at one of the bigger resorts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kgd7357 said:

Has anyone done it or is thinking about doing it? Thoughts? Our wedding is in June and we are thinking about heading to South America to ski.

We were thinking something similar for a while. Where do you live?

I would love to go to Switzerland or someplace Alpine.
  • Options
    casey8784 said:
    My FI and I are getting married October 2014, and we're planning on waiting until December and then going up to Canada for a ski trip! Haven't hashed out all the details yet, obviously, but we'd probably stay for a week at one of the bigger resorts.
    If you want to go to Canada to ski you may not have to wait until December.  They start getting snow crazy early...
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    What you are describing is bucket list trip of mine. I think it sounds so fun! (as long as your and H are at similar ability levels)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We live in DC, but might leave from NYC (my parents live close to NYC and want to throw a send off party...whatever that is). We aren't going until August for the honeymoon. One of my bridesmaids and I booked the same wedding day in July. Thank goodness my venue had a cancellation for June! So we'll go once both weddings are done. I hear the snow is best in SA in August, so the delay actually works out pretty good if we decide to do it.

We are both big skiers. One thing that really excited me is the back country SnoCat Skiing, Has anyone ever done it anywhere?

• Options
    A friend went to Chile last summer to ski for 10 days.  She had a blast.  

• Options
    I didn't realise you could go skiing in the summer although now I think about it, it makes sense! That sounds like an amazing honeymoon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards