Maryland-Baltimore

Venue help- Eastern Shore/ Tent question

I'm having a hard time finding a venue for reception (food&bar) under 20k. I am looking for anything from Ocean City/DE beaches up to Stevensville. I love CBBC but for ~150 guests with rental cost its looking like 30k. Most of the places I have looked (Harbourtowne, Lighthouse Sound) have antique looking old carpet that I hate and cannot get past. So...I was trying to avoid a tented reception due to renting everything seperately but now it seems like it's what I may have to do.
The question is this...would renting a floor for the tent be too costly? Does anyone have suggestions of venues with patios so that I wouldn't have to rent a floor? I can't picture people having to walk on grass.
Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanks!

Re: Venue help- Eastern Shore/ Tent question

• I looked into tenting and flooring when I was picking a venue. The quotes I got for flooring a tent were ABSURD. Like upwards of $5k just for the FLOORING. At first I had issue imagining my guests walking on grass too--especially women with heels, however, it is so cost prohibitive that I think we will just provide complimentary flip flops if people would like to change shoes. Also, keep in mind, that quote was for flooring the whole tent, we will have a dance floor so it's not like there will be NO floor anywhere. Also FWIW our reception is at the Kent Manor Inn and they provide a tent for free (included in the venue cost) if you have 150+ guests. (Their garden house seats up to 150, but if you go over that they provide the tent free of charge!)
  • Just wondering what Jen decided. I am in a similar situation right now. I can't stand the carpet in the places that are more affordable.
  • I also am looking in the Eastern Shore area. I visited Maria's Lovepoint B&B upon the recommendation of some friends who attended a wedding there. It is an outdoor venue but the owner Ed takes care of all the rentals (tents, tables, etc). He gave me a quote of $12,000 for 170 guests. This included flooring which he has for every wedding in order to protect the grass. This does not include catering, so if you can find a reasonable caterer who allows you to bring your own alcohol you make be able to keep it under $20k. Also my quote included special lights that were extra, so that is probably on the higher end. Ed is very nice though and is willing to work with you on your budget. Just throwing it out there because I think it is one or the lesser know venues on the Eastern Shore.
  • Did you check Golden Sands in Ocean City? They are very reasonable and overlooks the beach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards