Utah

NWR-Planning a Trip In April

My BF and I are planning a trip to Zion/Arches/Bryce canyons in April. Any recommendations? I'll be watching my BF and his daughter go up Angel's Landing, I'm just WAAY too afraid of heights, lol! There will be 4 of us-my BF, his mom, his daughter, and I. We're all outdoorsy types. Any good suggestions of fun things to do there? TIA

Re: NWR-Planning a Trip In April

• I'd do Zion's. There's this one hotel that I can't remember the name of that also sells pie. It's a nice hotel with even better pie so stay there and along that same road there's a bunch of cool shops. Including a candy shop with the best fudge.
  • cool, thanks!
  • sleslislesli member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    If you are up for off roading at all, you can either take a tour (with a hired driver) or rent a 4x4 to go on a number of really beautiful slick rock trails. If you've never done this before, it is amazing! If you are afraid of heights, there are easier trails with less "obstacles". The trails are a couple-few hours each and a really fun group activity. (In Moab)
    Savanna
  • The pie place is the Bumbleberry/Wildcat Willie's. Zion itself has a history museum and an artist in residence program that are fun and easy to access, along with a theater and campfire ranger programs. Springdale has a bunch of galleries and cute shops too. There are other hikes in Zion that don't have height/exposure, like Emerald Pools (same trailhead as Angel's Landing, but they go right and you go left) or the Weeping Cave. The Narrows is also a good hike, but the water can be very cold.

Oh, and one thing about Zion in April - the caterpillars come out. We visited last April and were going to camp, but there were so many hatching so often, they fell on the tent like rain. We high-tailed it to Bryce for the rest of the weekend. Bryce has a ton of hikes, great scenery. You're looking down into things, not climbing mountains, so it might be better for you. Wall Street is a classic hike with both hoodoos and slot canyons. Bryce doesn't have a town outside, so there's less non-outdoors activities.

Have a blast!

• cirena166 said:

The pie place is the Bumbleberry/Wildcat Willie's. Zion itself has a history museum and an artist in residence program that are fun and easy to access, along with a theater and campfire ranger programs. Springdale has a bunch of galleries and cute shops too. There are other hikes in Zion that don't have height/exposure, like Emerald Pools (same trailhead as Angel's Landing, but they go right and you go left) or the Weeping Cave. The Narrows is also a good hike, but the water can be very cold.

Oh, and one thing about Zion in April - the caterpillars come out. We visited last April and were going to camp, but there were so many hatching so often, they fell on the tent like rain. We high-tailed it to Bryce for the rest of the weekend. Bryce has a ton of hikes, great scenery. You're looking down into things, not climbing mountains, so it might be better for you. Wall Street is a classic hike with both hoodoos and slot canyons. Bryce doesn't have a town outside, so there's less non-outdoors activities.

Have a blast!

Thank you. I couldn't remember the name. Just that it had pie and a creepy elf that looks like it's going to murder you in your sleep.
  • Thanks, Ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards