Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Hair Color: Salon or At Home?

I had been dying my hair at home for about ten years when I decided to go to the salon for color last year. I have medium brown hair, and I started with an all-over color. I have some resistant grays near my hairline, and it didn't last as long as I would've liked. I've been getting highlights since last summer, but I've noticed the last two times I've gotten it done that the coverage isn't like I want it to be. I'm considering going back to at-home color, and I've done some research online. As expected, it's one extreme or the other (don't do at-home or at-home is the best). They tell you not to do anything drastic before the Big Day, but we're about three months away. I just wanted to get some fellow brides' advice.

Re: Hair Color: Salon or At Home?

• Options
    I would never color my own hair because I have never done it before and would freak out that I would screw it up.  But, since you have been coloring your hair for years and like the way it turns out then I don't see why you couldn't just do it before your wedding.  Now if you were a newbie to color at home then I would tell you that you were crazy.  But since you aren't and know what to do and how you like it then color away.

• Options
    I use the John Frieda foam and color my own.  I've never had missed spots, and the color lasts really well.  The conditioner they include with the kit is amazing.

I do let it stay on for about 20 minutes, though, instead of the 10 they recommend.
  • Options
    Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    OP, like you, I color my own hair - I've never been to a salon for color, so I would definitely not switch it up for my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    I go to a Sally's beauty supply store and I use Argan Oil color and developer. I just have all over medium dark brown hair. I will be going to a salon for the two coloring sessions before my wedding though. Home dye I find despite how careful I am I end up with a spot or to off my hair line and the occasional spot on my ear, so I want to avoid that if possible lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards