Just Engaged and Proposals

He popped the question (and our dog helped!)

We got engaged this past Thursday (February 13)!!  

FI and I had a long weekend planned at his place near Yosemite.  We went out for a casual dinner, and we were talking about the Olympics on the way home.  He said, "Why don't you put the Olympics on, and I'll go take Grover out."  (Grover is our 8-month-old lab puppy.)  So I put on my sweats (ha!) and plopped in front of the TV.  He came back a few minutes later, slowly walking up the stairs and leading Grover beside him.  I noticed a small black pouch on Grover's collar and thought it was a Valentine's Day present.  We had agreed to make each other presents this year, so I said, "Hey, you weren't supposed to get me anything!"  He said, "Are you sure?"

I was having some trouble getting the pouch untied, so FI helped with it.  I didn't notice he was down on one knee next to our dog.  He asked, and I said, "Yes!"  A few minutes later after hugging and kissing, I had to make sure I had actually said yes.  :-P  We called our families the next morning and celebrated in Yosemite (with Grover, of course).  Oh, and apparently, Grover tried to eat the ring before it was tied onto his collar.  Gotta love labs!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: He popped the question (and our dog helped!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards