Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Getting Engagement Photo's Back

How long did you wait to get your engagement photos back?

I'm just curious. We had our engagement photo's taken last Sunday 2/9. Our photographer posted a few "sneak peeks" last Thursday night of some sneak peaks. I want to get our save the dates ordered/sent out relatively soon. He told us after we finished Sunday that since its the off season he's get them to us relatively quick. Not sure how long he actually meant. I also don't want to be a pain asking him.

Re: Getting Engagement Photo's Back

• About a month, I think. It's not unreasonable to ask him when you might expect the photos. In fact, it's important at the outset to get a clear listing of the deliverables and the deadline. (For example, our photographer told us to expect 70 photos—the whole lot—within one month of the photo shoot.)
  • Our photographer said four weeks for engagement pictures and we had them in two.

I would email him/her and very politely ask for an updated timetable.  You can even say something like "I want to make sure I can manage my expectations, would you be able to send me a timetable of when to expect our proofs, final images (plus anything else you expected)."  Just be careful with the tone of the email so that they know that you realize that you aren't their only customer.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Thanks everyone! He sent me a link to our pictures and is sending us a CD with them on it today as well! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards