Maine

has anyone heard of The Barn at Flanagan Farm, in Buxton, Maine???

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this location? I noticed that its RIGHT ON a major Maine road and wondered about road noise for the wedding and reception? Any help would be great.

Re: has anyone heard of The Barn at Flanagan Farm, in Buxton, Maine???

• i know about it because its the owner of the barn on walnut hills second location.  i have a friend that is getting married there in june or july? i cant remember off the top of my head. but its PRICEY.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Buxton isn't exactly a happening location, so I wouldn't think there'd be enough cars passing by to really cause a problem. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well thank you for the feed back, however it still seems very close to a major road that has a 50MPH speed limit. Also I looked into the motorcycle shop next door and it would appear they have a lot of motorcycle events/rallies there on weekends. I would think this would interfere with a wedding. I believe we will avoid this place as price and motorcycle/ road noise could be an issue.

• I looked at both and would discourage them for several reasons; feel free to ping me for more info.  The buxton location is too far off the beaten track.  And, curbside is something I like for service, not for a special ceremony...perhaps the MOST special of my life.  The other barn on walnut hill ONLY had an option for green outhouses or pay up $2500 EXTRA FOR some decent "portable" bathrooms...they do not provide these for you, it is yet another cost above & beyond... 
  • i looked at the barn on walnut hill- the pricing is insane and i was told i had to rent it from weds-sunday... umm my wedding is only ONE day, why do i need it for 5?!!? no thanks. i found a beautiful barn for waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy less and i am so in love.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello :) I'm also looking to do a bard wedding. Where did you find a cheep one?

• I am interested in a Barn wedding, also a cheaper venue. Do you mind sharing where you found your spot?! Thank you :)
  • I believe she is having her wedding here:
    www.chandlerhousebandb.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hi! I was also looking at the Barn at Flanagan Farm and found it to be a bit pricey as well. Were did you find your barn?

I appreciate it!!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_has-anyone-heard-of-the-barn-at-flanagan-farm-in-buxton-maine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:98Discussion:f13b3eac-75a3-42a5-bc42-7721b8670f47Post:6888e5fb-7681-46a5-9638-7071dae95ef4">Re: has anyone heard of The Barn at Flanagan Farm, in Buxton, Maine???</a>:
    [QUOTE]i looked at the barn on walnut hill- the pricing is insane and i was told i had to rent it from weds-sunday... umm my wedding is only ONE day, why do i need it for 5?!!? no thanks. i found a beautiful barn for waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy less and i am so in love.
    Posted by joellennitsche[/QUOTE]
  • chandler house bed and breakfast
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just saw both Barn at Flanagan Farm & Barn on Walnut Hill, they are both GORGEOUS and the perfect location to spend celebrating your love with your friends over several days!
  • I think this is a good catch!  You're clearly doing your homework.

If you're still looking for a rustic venue, please check out www.kingsleypinesevents.com

We offer exclusive, full weekend rentals at an affordable rate.  All of your guests can also stay right on our property for the entire weekend.  You'll have access to three beautiful buildings to use as you'd like for various portions of your event.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
    Angie

• marteeny08marteeny08 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2014
    I have had a lot of interaction with the Barn at Flanagan Farm and its owner Gail Landry (also the owner of Barn on Walnut Hill). At first sight, I loved the barn. It is flawless and spectacular. I was offered a somewhat reasonable price of $7000 for Fri/Sat night in the farmhouse as well as the barn for the wedding. Upon making that arrangement, I gave Gail $3500 as a deposit in cash and was told she would immediately mail out the receipt and contract. After a month had gone by, I emailed her in regards to the contract, to which (after a few days) she replied she was in the middle of buying a condo unit, so that's why she'd been taking so long to get back to me. Okkk... except I'm also a client, she had a significant amount of my cash and I had NOTHING saying she had received that payment from me, much less that I had that barn 100% for my date.

She finally emailed (not mailed) the contract to me without a receipt. Having it been my father's money and his want of a receipt, I emailed her again requesting it. No answer. Yesterday marked over 2 weeks from that email, so I emailed her again. Her response was:

"No one including the brides who are paying $15,000 for the property have demanded a receipt as the contract as written works for them. 
    At this point I would like to refund your deposit and cancel the contract. I am not confident I will be able to meet your expectations with regard to clarity, timeliness or delivery. 
    My bookkeeper will have a check ready for you today. You are welcome to pick it up at my office or I can put it in the mail. Just let me know what you would prefer to do. 
    All the best,"

All the best? You just canceled my venue and crushed my world. A wedding is one of the most important day's in a woman's life, and she shattered everything. I had already bought things with my date and venue on them.

Want the happy ending? Gail Landry has to live with being the heartless person she is, and I found the most wonderful venue. I have to change my date and theme, but this place is AMAZING. Their brand new barn will be done in June with a wall of windows overlooking a mountainside. The "cabin" (more like a mansion) is breathtaking. Hello gorgeous! And Anthony, the owner, is FABULOUS. Check them out. He honestly saved my wedding day.

http://www.graniteridgeestate.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards