Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Head piece to accent dress

So are there any rules to this? I just bought my dress (Maggie Sottero - Tuscany in alabaster). Leaning towards maybe a headband, but I'm not opposed to a vail. A lot of the headband styles I like are very jeweled and vintage looking (similar to the dress). Is it better to do a more subtle head piece with a dress that has lots of beading? What is your opinion ladies? My hair will be in a messy low bun with some braids. Thanks!

Re: Head piece to accent dress

• Options
    I think a large blingy hair comb at the top of your messy bun would be perfect with your dress.

As for a veil.  I could see your dress without one, but if you are unsure you should go back to your bridal shop, try the dress back on and then try on some veils to see if you like the look.

• Options
    With that dress, I would do some sort of headpiece instead of a veil.  
  • Options
    That's similar to my Maggie Sottero and I don't want a traditional veil because it'll block the amazing back. I'm doing a blingy headband with a low bun and possibly a birdcage veil over my face but I haven't decided on that yet. 

• Options
    Ohhh you're dress is sooo pretty!   I'm going to kind of differ here:  I think a very very simple veil could work and look very elegant.  But I agree that you should try them on with dress to see how it looks too.  There's so much gorg beading on your dress that I think any additional beading/embellishment may be a lot.  
  • Options
    I would definitely go with something simple, like a jeweled clip. A veil would block that amazing back.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses ladies! I ended up trying on a veil and it definitely blocks the gorgeous back to this dress - so I scrapped that Idea. I actually switched my dress to the Gold color instead of alabaster, so it will be interesting trying to find the "right" hair piece to bring it all together. Etsy has so many adorable pieces, but I get nervous buying something I can't feel and see before purchasing.. Oy Vey! The dilemmas of being a bride. :P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards