Honeymoon Discussions

Recommendations for May honeymoon?

missmarissa14missmarissa14 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited February 2014 in Honeymoon Discussions
We are getting married May 2015 and I just started looking around on the internet. We definitely want somewhere tropical and all inclusive. Every place looks so beautiful so it's hard to decide what the best destinations are! So far I've looked at St. Lucia, Jamaica, Turks & Caicos and Mexico. We have been to Bermuda on a cruise, he's been to Hawaii and I've been to the Bahamas. Does anyone have any good suggestions? What do you guys think about Sandals?

Re: Recommendations for May honeymoon?

• May 2013 Bride here - We did Sandals Royal Bahamian for our honeymoon. Weather was perfect. We would highly recommend the butler service it was awesome. The resort has access to it's own private island. Lots of pools. Room service included. The butler made all our dinner reservations.
    If your flight gets in before check in, they are still really accommodating (we got in at like 8am). Our butler walked us to breakfast. They kept our bags, then toured us around the resort, helped us get our pool stuff and helped us get changed, by 10:30am we were pool side kicking it. Even though check in technically wasn't until like 3pm or whatever.

This May we are going to Big Island Hawaii for our 1 year anniversary.

Is there a Hawaiian island you haven't been to? I did Cancun a few years back and that was pretty fun. We yet to go to Cabo, so I am no help there.

Are there any other specifics about what you want to do?
  • The butler service sounds fantastic! I haven't been to Hawaii yet….he has about 10 years ago. As far as other specifics…..water sports and other activities would be nice…..snorkeling, kayaking, maybe horseback riding. We want a lot of relaxation but also the opportunity for some fun and adventure. Drinking a mai tai in my lounge chair on the beach? swim up bar? lol. 
  • I just looked up Sandals Royal Bahamian. It looks beautiful! I want to eat on Gordon's Pier lol :)
  • Its so awesome. We did that for 2 nights. PS. Snorkeling and Kayaking is included. YOu just have to sign up for snorkeling. We signed up 3 different times only went twice because it was a little windy but thats it.

There's plenty to do. We got the butler with a villa so we had a bunch of small pools to choose from too. The island is an extra perk. Its quiet. The sand is nice and clean. I LOVEDDDD IT. Let me know if you have any other questions about Sandals or Hawaii. We are in the process of planning Big Island, and I did Oahu a while ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards