Flowers

Flower color for navy blue wedding??

I am having a really difficult time deciding on what color of flowers to go with for my wedding. The bridesmaid dresses are navy blue and I've thought about doing white bouquets for all of the bridesmaids, but I'd like a little pop of color in them. Does anyone have any suggestions on types/colors of flowers? Thanks!!

Re: Flower color for navy blue wedding??

• i like yellow with navy.... so maybe white with some yellow in the mix :) hope this helps!
  • Navy blue is pretty neutral, so you have lots of options. What other colors do you like? What style is your wedding? If it's more formal, classy, or preppy, I'd do light pink, or white with light green accents. If it's more fun or casual, I love the pink and orange bouquets below.

• My bridesmaid dresses are navy and I just had my floral consultation this week. We went with a mix of pastels/muted colors really--blush pink, yellow, soft peach, ivory, and lavender. I like lots of filler flowers and greenery and more open/loose looks (not just like a tight little beach ball of flowers) and my florist was so enthusiastic and excited about going with this kind of look--I pretty much told her just to keep the colors soft and do whatever she thinks will look good. In my opinion, anything looks nice with navy.
  • My girls' dresses are navy too.  I'm doing similar to @mrsaitch.  Soft/blush colors for their bouquets. I don't happen to like the greenery, so it will just be some softer colors.  I also contemplated the exact opposite:  very vibrant color (ie: fuschia).  But others are right: you have tons of options since navy is neutral. 
  • White:
    Yellow:
    Pink:
    Purple:
    Blue:
    Orange:
    Scott and Jessica's polka dot  Wedding
    Green:
  • My bridesmaids dresses are navy and we are doing white and coral flowers.  It is a nice alternative to pink!
  • Navy, to me, is a neutral.  It pretty much looks amazing with EVERY color out there.  Any bouquet paired with navy always looks amazing. I am having my bridesmaids carry bright blue hydrangeas.  My bridesmaids dresses are navy blue and the groomsmen tuxes are gray with periwinkle bowties. My dress is champagne,  Wondering if Fi should go with a gray tux like his grooms or go with a black one.
  • Thanks girls! I sent some of these ideas and pictures to my florist, so we'll see what he comes up with! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards