California-Northern
Options

Please help. Looking for a venue in the Sacramento Area

I am newly engaged but we have decided to get married on Valentines day in 2015 so we really want to get our church and reception venue picked out. I have been looking all over the internet and this site trying to find a venue but i dont feel that any are formal enough, or they have too many complicated policies, or are just too pricey. The library galleria wont allow so much! no balloons with helium... no candles... no parking included... no hanging things... no tape staples or pins. just too many rules! and you can only use caterers from their list. We want an indoor reception, about 200 people, and very formal. When i see picture of like the dante clue, library galleria, elks tower and Sacramento ballroom they just all look the same to me... Beautiful but not a lot going on. I like the white sheets on the ceilings and the colored lighting on the walls. I see it all the time in my home town of Fresno, CA but for some reason im just not finding it in the Sacramento area! if anyone knows of any venues like this i would really appreciate it! I'm new to this so maybe these things are common! Any help...

Re: Please help. Looking for a venue in the Sacramento Area

• Options
    Have you looked into the Grand Island Mansion in Walnut Grove? My sister had over 200 people at her wedding and there was more than enough room. It is a beautiful setting with different options onsite for where you can have dinner and dancing. I'm not sure what their policies are regarding decoration, but you really dont need much there.
  • Options
    Grand Island Mansion is beautiful. You may also want to check out the Ryde Hotel while you are in the area.
  • Options

Try the Masonic Hall in Downtown Sacramento, Crest Theatre on K Street.

What religion are you? If you are having an OOT wedding, you may need to get special permissions from the church you want. Find your church, then your reception site from there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards