Wedding Reception Forum

Forest Wedding?!

So I've been looking everywhere for a nice piece of wooded land to hold my forest wedding in, and it seems nearly impossible! I'm getting very discouraged. I live in illinois, willing to travel to indiana, but not toooo far. HELP!

Re: Forest Wedding?!

• If you post this on your local board, you are more likely to get more area-specific responses. Good luck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Look up national, state, county city parks. I'm sure there's one within an hour's drive from you. Best of luck!
  • I'm looking for the same sort of venues, my grandma is suggesting vineyards (Although there probably wouldn't be enough trees.)
    Although I'm also thinking outside of the wedding box and looking to see if I can find any nice campgrounds to host the ceremony and reception.  I think it'd be awesome to find a nice little campground to set up, and I could even get away with more cool stuff- like fire pits. Of course I'd want to pick a patch of land close to where the guests would park their cars so nobody's trekking through the wilderness.
    Also look into parks!
  • What part of illinois do you live in? Check out starved rock state park, that place is absolutely beautiful and i would have loved to have my wedding there but it is a 2 hour drive from me and i didnt want to go that far away.
  • Most states have a website dedicated to state parks that also include areas that can be rented for the day. We looked, but we came across a lot of places that wanted us out before sunset and forbid alcohol. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards