Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Macy's Rewards with Registry

For the ladies who have already had their wedding and were registered with Macy's.... If you were to open a credit card with them you recieve 10% back on your charges and 5% back on gifts given off your registry right?  FI and I have had our registry open for just under a year and have purchased ALOT of things using our Macy's card including a new bed.  It seems like every time I ask the associates about the rewards program they are really lost.  Last fall they were pushing the thanks for sharing rewards program.  Everytime I told them I already have that as part of my registry and the associates tell me that's not true.  These rewards do come through right?

Re: Macy's Rewards with Registry

• Options
    Yes, I know that there are a few departments that can't participate (possibly the bed), but generally speaking you get 10% back on what you personally charge to the card and 5% of anything that your guests purchase from the registry (regardless of how it was paid for).  I know that anything you purchase with a registry completion discount does not count.

Floor associates who don't normally deal with bridal registries tend to be clueless about this program.  I encountered the same thing when I bought my Coach purse after the registry was open...
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    I have had the same problem with associates. The first time I used my card I wasn't positive how it worked so I asked the lady and she thought I was talking about the "thanks for sharing" program also. She ended up having to call someone in the bridal registry and they told her it was automatically connected to my credit card and would figure every time I used it. It seems like they don't educate their regular associates on that program very well.
  • Options
    Yep mine came about 6 weeks after the wedding date.  I got one gift card with $350 on it.  Then 6 weeks later I got another gift card with $125.  We had a lot of people purchase gifts after the wedding, and they do a couple of cut-off dates I think, which is why we got two installments.

I also found the associates weren't really up to speed on it.  But it did come!  Just have to be patient...

The only thing I bought that didn't count was make-up and gift cards (for my secretary's xmas gift that year).  I don't think furniture or jewelry count either, though it's been awhile since I've looked at their T&Cs.

But most of the rest of it does.  Clothing and shoes count and homewares count.  I basically used my card to buy wedding gifts for other people for two years and got all those rewards.

If you want to know how much you've accumulated you can call their customer service.  It takes awhile but eventually they will route you to the correct person.  I was worried mine wouldn't come in time for this massive sale they were advertising, so I called and eventually got a person who could confirm that the card had been issued, the amount of money on the card, and the date it was dropped in the mail. Sure enough, it showed up a few days later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and PP is correct that your registry discount doesn't count for the purposes of accumulating rewards... but usually their regular sales are better than the registry discount, and those DO count.  I don't think I used my registry discount with them at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hoffse said:
    Oh and PP is correct that your registry discount doesn't count for the purposes of accumulating rewards... but usually their regular sales are better than the registry discount, and those DO count.  I don't think I used my registry discount with them at all.
    You can use the completion discount along with their sales (but not the additional 15% for using your Macy's card.  I bought about $600 worth of stuff during their big Home Sale the first weekend in February.  The Calphalon set I wanted was on sale for $100 off and I was able to get an additional 20% off with the completion discount.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards