Wedding Invitations & Paper

Accomodations Enclosure

Hello,

I dont feel as if people have looked at the wedding website that has all of these details, so I would like to include all of this on my accomodations enclosure.  What do we think?

Courtyard by Marriott Danbury

3 Eagle Road Danbury, CT 06810 1-800-321-2211

For your convenience, a block of rooms has been reserved at a discounted rate. Please reference the Griswold/Varza wedding if making a reservation. Kindly reserve your room by March 27, 2014. Rates: $99 Per Night<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Shuttle service is arranged from The Candlewood Inn to the Courtyard Danbury at the end of the evening.

All are welcome to continue the celebration with us at Barbarie’s Black Angus Grill, next door to the Courtyard.  

Cars will be available to bring guests back to Candlewood in the morning.

Check out Amy & Glen’s website at www.theknot.com/wedding/Amy-and-Glen for directions and other wedding details.

Thanks,

Amy

Re: Accomodations Enclosure

• I am including 2 separate enclosures. One with hotel information a second one with transportation information. That way I can keep the two enclosures on the smaller side. On the top of each it will say Accommodations or Day of Shuttle.
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    You should probably edit your post not to share so much personal info.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    I agree with PP - all of this on one card would be larger than the actual invitation!! 
    Split it up between Accomodations and Transportation on 2 smaller cards.

The reception information is usually included on the actual invitation. 
    Reception to Follow at
    Barbaries Black Angus Grill
    xxx Named Street
    City, State

This would let all your guests know that they are invited without having to say "everyone is welcome"

ETA: also, I would not put the prices of rooms on the actual card. Idk, it's one of those iffy things. Guests can find that out; all they need to know is that a block of rooms is reserved, refer to your wedding or use this code to take advantage.
    (My hotels gave me a link to book those rooms online that i posted on my website for my guests!)

image   image   image

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014

Hello,

I dont feel as if people have looked at the wedding website that has all of these details, so I would like to include all of this on my accomodations enclosure.  What do we think?

Courtyard by Marriott Danbury

3 Eagle Road Danbury, CT 06810 1-800-321-2211

For your convenience, a block of rooms has been reserved at a discounted rate. Please reference the Griswold/Varza wedding if making a reservation. Kindly reserve your room by March 27, 2014. Rates: $99 Per Night

Shuttle service is arranged from The Candlewood Inn to the Courtyard Danbury at the end of the evening.

All are welcome to continue the celebration with us at Barbarie’s Black Angus Grill, next door to the Courtyard.  

Cars will be available to bring guests back to Candlewood in the morning.

Check out Amy & Glen’s website at www.theknot.com/wedding/Amy-and-Glen for directions and other wedding details.

Thanks,

Amy

1,  Are you paying for the afterparty at the restaurant?  No?  Then don't mention it on the insert!  You shouldn't invite people to an event where you are not hosting them.  Do word of mouth.  No wonder Sugargirl is confused!
    2.  I don't think it is appropriate to state the room rate.  That is between your guests and the hotel, IF they choose to stay there.
    3.  Instead of "Check out Amy and Glenn's website", I would word it to say "For more information, please see our website, www.theknot.com/etc."

I am confused by all the activities you have scheduled.  Why would your guests need transportation back to the Candlewood the next morning?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I agree with PP- you should definitely not mention the afterparty on the invite unless you are planning on hosting everyone. 

I would also not mention the room rate. If you just say that a block of rooms has been reserved, they can call and figure it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards