Michigan-Detroit

Traverse City Bachelorette party ideas

Hey everyone! I am the MOH for my best friends wedding that is in Sept 2014. I am looking to throw an awesome bachelorette party for her in Traverse City. I have only been up there one time before, so I am not very familiar with the area. She has told me she would like something a little more low key so I figured Traverse City would be a great place since we are all originally from SE Michigan. The only thing I really know about are the wine tours!  I am also still debating on a whole weekend or just over night.
ANY ideas, input on length or places to stay would be a great help since I am starting to do some research on things to do. I am hoping to get everything planned by late in the year so that I can get things booked far enough in advance :)

Re: Traverse City Bachelorette party ideas

• Wine tasting tour would be great. Also, a day at the beach would be good. They have a super ctue downtown area with some nice restaurants and bars if you want a night out.  There are many hotels to choose from. I don't have any I can think of to reccomend but there is one for every price range. I think a 2 night stay would be enough. I think overnight would be too short because of the drive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I live in TC now, used to live in RO, getting married in Bham.

Hotels: I'd suggest Park Place Hotel.  It is right downtown.  No need to worry about driving after a fun night out or wine tours. :)

To Do: If she is looking for something low-key, visit the downtowntc.com site.  It has a calendar of events.  Also, if you are willing to travel-visit Empire or Glen Lake for Sleeping Bear dunes.  There are great spa places in town. I go to Pavolva for mani/pedis.  I highly recommend it! I would have to disagree with the above post. Leelanau has more of the older wineries, Old Mission has more of the newer ones. Both are fabulous! Brickwheels bike shop rents stand-up paddle boards and bikes if the weather is still nice! Shopping is always nice downtown. :)

Ok, I could go on and on. I love this town!
  • Love TC - I got married there!  The wine tours are fun, and if you can afford it, there are limo/shuttle companies that can drive you around.  If you are foodies, there is another tour called Tasty Morsels (I think) that is a food and wine tour around the TC area.  

there are lots of festivals and events in TC, so I would also check the TC visitor center calendar to see when something of interest is happening.

another cool spot is the  Grand Traverse Commons- there is a fabulous, but expensive, restaurant there called Stella and lots of cute shops.

Summer is expensive to visit there- hotels on the weekends are at premium prices, so you might want to consider May (except memorial day weekend) or early June. Not great for enjoying the beach, but the pricing is better, and its less crowded.
  • You ladies have given me some good ideas. I greatly appreciate it. :) The plus side is that we would be going during Early September so hopefully prices wont be too bad up there for things. 
  • Wine Tour: I highly recommend Cathy at Traverse City Wine Tours. She has incredible pricing ( I think we all paid $30 - $35 a piece for a 4 1/2 hour wine tour). She provided snacks and etc as well. Her staff is phenominal and super nice.

Restaurants: Apache Trout & Uptown Opa European Greek restaurant. Seriously, the best two restaurants in TC.

• Poppycocks is where I've gone for Bachelorette parties... Plus it's the best restaurant around! I've lived here all my life:) I should know.

Wine tours are great, but we have some truly amazing microbreweries (I would pick a great beer over a glass of wine any day of the week).
  • I've done a girls weekend there and we had a great time. I would strongly suggest hiring a driver/car service to take you wine tasting. We did, and it was such a great experience! We could all drink and our driver took us to so many wineries off the beaten path.
    Also, I'm not a super fan of Apache Trout (although it's highly recommended). I thought the food was mediocre. BUT, absolutely love Phil's on Front.
  • September 6th is the Harvest Stompede... I actually do a girls' trip for that every year. It's a 5k through the Cicconne vineyard and/or self-guided wine tour. Could be a fun option, or could just mean the wineries are annoyingly busy. :) 

Either way, start at Northern Latitudes Distillery for Bloody Marys with their amazing horseradish infused vodka! My other recommendations are Seven Monks Taproom for beer and/or lunch, Right Brain Brewery, Good Neighbor Organics, and Red Ginger (sushi!). Black Star Farms is gorgeous. We usually end up at Union Street Station at night... typical divey bar but the dance floor is usually pretty packed and the owner comps lots of drinks. ;) I wasn't super impressed with Apache Trout. 

Depending on how many girls you have going a rental house may be a better bet than a hotel... we always rent a place on the bay through vacationrentals.com. 

• We did this for my cousin's bach party last August.  We rented a house on a nearby lake and had rented a wine tasting tour bus, I'll see if I can get the company.  It was a lot of fun.
  • Lolo8383 said:
    September 6th is the Harvest Stompede... I actually do a girls' trip for that every year. It's a 5k through the Cicconne vineyard and/or self-guided wine tour. Could be a fun option, or could just mean the wineries are annoyingly busy. :) 

Either way, start at Northern Latitudes Distillery for Bloody Marys with their amazing horseradish infused vodka! My other recommendations are Seven Monks Taproom for beer and/or lunch, Right Brain Brewery, Good Neighbor Organics, and Red Ginger (sushi!). Black Star Farms is gorgeous. We usually end up at Union Street Station at night... typical divey bar but the dance floor is usually pretty packed and the owner comps lots of drinks. ;) I wasn't super impressed with Apache Trout. 

Depending on how many girls you have going a rental house may be a better bet than a hotel... we always rent a place on the bay through vacationrentals.com. 
    The horseradish vodka is to DIEEE for, it's amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards