Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

alternatives to daddy-daughter dance

We are not big dancers and the though of 150 people watching me dance with my dad and my soon-to-be husband makes me reallynervous! Is anyone doing something different or knows of any good non-traditional ideas for both of those dances?

Re: alternatives to daddy-daughter dance

• If they make you uncomfortable you can skip them.

I danced with my Dad and H danced with his mom to the same song at the same time.  That helped keep the "events" portion of the reception short and also kept attention split between all of us.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Skipping is always an option.  My dad passed when I was a kid.  My sister skipped the dance at her wedding (the grooms mother had passed as well, so this was really the best choice).  My dad was a HUGE Elvis fan, so at my wedding, instead of skipping the dance, I'm gonna invite all my family to the dance floor to dance to 'Blue Suede Shoes' in Dad's memory.  I'll also wear blue suede shoes as my something blue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're planning on skipping this, but if my dad wants, I'm going to dance at least one song with my dad while everyone is dancing in the middle of the reception. No announcement or anything like that.
  • Skip dances, then. Why does there need to be an alternative?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Skip it! That's what I am doing. My brother-in-law is walking me down the aisle and he would rather have sticks poked under his nails than dance in the public light. So we are skipping it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AprilH81 said:

If they make you uncomfortable you can skip them.

I danced with my Dad and H danced with his mom to the same song at the same time.  That helped keep the "events" portion of the reception short and also kept attention split between all of us.

That's a great idea! My fiance and I are planning on doing the "snow ball" thing for our first dance for the same reasons as being afraid of the daddy daughter. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards