Plus-Sized

Not really plus related- but maybe you all can help...

So I'm plus size and I've found a couple pieces I'd like to wear for engagement pictures however my fiance is big into metal (his wardrobe mostly consists of band t-shirts). So two questions, can I make band shirts work (think big print/logos) or do I try and find something that will go with my style a little more? I want him comfortable but idk if there's a happy medium. I thought I'd ask you girls because everyone is so much nicer here than some of the other snarky boards...

Re: Not really plus related- but maybe you all can help...

• Honestly, unless you are going to dress incredibly casual, band t - shirts are not really appropriate photos shoot attire. I know you want him to be comfortable, but it seems like he should be willing to wear a simple button up for you engagement photos.
  • Even if he could wear a plain black t-shirt and some khakis or dark jeans, that would look a lot better.

Remember that your families will want copies of these, and you'll have these pictures for the rest of your lives. Do you really want to pay all that money for a photographer and then look like you didn't take the time to think about dressing yourselves?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • My husband is the same way...almost all his clothes have bands or skulls or something on them. But he compromises and will wear a henley when we do nicer things. Maybe a henley and some nice jeans would work
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited February 2014
    a nice black polo or colored tee shirt would work

when we did my photo shoot my fiance came to the house in a polo shirt with fishes all over it i was like r u serious thank god i had some extra nicer shirts of his that he left at the house so i got one of those and put it on.

• Yeah he has some polo's, so that may be what he has to do...
  • My fiance likes metal too. He wore a polo in our engagement photos. Here's how I look at it, he only has to be in a button up or a polo for an hour or two.  For formal pictures, nix the band t.  You don't really want a shirt emblazoned with Cannibal Corpse, Slayer (or whatever band he is into) in your photo. You want the photo to focus on the two of you.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been thinking about this issue also...my FI wears camo shorts and jeans and t-shirts...and that's about it. I wear scrubs all day, so I want to dress up...but I want him to feel comfortable. We will be going with an opposites attract theme for our pics...lol...he'll be in his shorts and T's tattoos showing and all, and I will wear a blazer with jeans and heels. It's exactly us and wouldn't have it any other way!!
  • I vote jeans & a nice black t-shirt or polo shirt. This way it's still casual and along the lines he is comfortable and you can wear jeans and a cute shirt and you guys will look great together
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards