Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Day of Coordinator?

I am getting married at a site that does not have a coordinator - we arranged all the outside vendors ourselves. They are wonderful and I have confidence in their abilities... however... Is a day of coordinator worth it? Just someone to make sure all the pieces of the puzzle get put together? 

Thanks!

Re: Day of Coordinator?

• Options
    I'm getting married in a few weeks and I was kinda wondering this myself because it seems like soooo much to take care of and you dont want to be stressing out. However I contacted a day of coordinator in my area and she charges $700 just for the day of. For me $700 isn't worth it, but if you had room in your budget I would try to get one. I obviously can't tell you from experience but I feel that any extra help that day would be awesome.
  • Options
    I hired a day of coordinator. I'm not getting married until May, but I already feel less stressed knowing that I can give her a list of what needs to be done and I will be able to relax and have fun on my wedding day. If it's in your budget I would definitely suggest looking into it.
  • Options
    When my mom heard I was considering hiring someone, she volunteered to do it. I had everything very planned out and our vendors were great, so she just basically was the point person in case anything happened. It was nice to not have to worry about anything on the day of our wedding, but that's not something I would have paid for.
  • Options

I think you have to look at your wedding and yourself. Are you someone that worries alot & stresses out easily? Do you have a very large wedding party that you might need help keeping control of and making sure they are in the place they need to be? Or are you having a smaller more intimate wedding where things are taken care of?

My wedding my vendors were fabulous (but I still made sure my cell phone was handy if they needed to reach my & my MOH & I both had a list of all of the vendors just in case). My reception venue provided the linens, food, cake and center pieces that I had pre-selected. So there was no worry with that stuff. The DJ had worked at the venue several times before and was familiar with their set up & the staff. It helped too that the DJ told us his company comes several hours in advance to do set up to make sure everything is ok, then goes home, cleans up & comes back to work. And he provided me with an intinary for his schedule (intros, speeches, dinner, first dance, etc) I had a bridal party that was able to keep in check (I think it helped that I gave everyone in the wedding party & our parents itineries for the day so everyone knew what was going on and when are where to be so no one was bothering me on the wedding day with any questions). Based on that, glad I saved the money on a DOC, but depending on your own wedding set up, you may want on, even if it's just for the ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards