Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Brides Beware! From a disappointed wedding planner :(

I just wanted to take a moment to share my experience in hopes that a few others might avoid the frustration and disappointment I have had to go through in planning my wedding. I ordered hair combs and a bracelet from a business listed on Etsy in July 2013. My wedding is May 3rd of this year, and I still have not received my items. I was told by the boutique owner, Rachel Blackwell, that the products had been shipped in Oct 2013 with an apology for the delay.
 As I said before, I still have not received my products and despite numerous e-mails, I haven't heard from Rachel either. There has been no response, no refund and no product.  Bride's beware!! The boutique I ordered from was Aurora Bridal. She also goes by the name of Hermione Handmade. I did order other items from other vendors on Etsy with no problems. Be warned about vendors who do not post an estimated time of delivery...these particular shops manage to get around all the rules and leave you with no resource to follow up on through Etsy. 

Re: Brides Beware! From a disappointed wedding planner :(

• Options
    I have never purchased anything on Etsy so I am unsure of their policies but I know on Ebay and Amazon if you buy something through a third party and something goes wrong you can report it to the website and they can contact the seller and find out what is going on.  I would seriously look into that.  Also, when did you contact her and have her tell you they were shipped in October? You really need to be on top of people when you are supposed to receive a product or service, I learned that the hard way and it really pays off to be on people. I mean to the point where you are annoying because that is the only way you will get something figured out. I could contact Etsy asap. 
  • Options
    erinlin25erinlin25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Seems like they have good reviews, but looks like things came quickly or may have taken longer. Their policy says orders could take up to 12 weeks, but you would think if something was going to delay the order they would contact you.  At this point if you have made contact with no return from them, I would definitely get your money back by challenging the payment through your bank.  Whether you paid directly or used paypal you are protected and may need to challenge your payment.  If it was shipped and they have tracking info start there.  If they did not pay insurance on the package and it got lost in the mail, that sucks but would still be their responsibility to make you a new product ASAP.  Talk to your bank to find out how to move forward.  But leave a review on their page and definitely get your money back.  The more your stir the pot the faster they will contact you.  On the positive side, while it sucks you had to wait so long at least you do have some time to move to plan b.  Their products look nice, but honestly are expensive and can be found  elsewhere.

notify ETSY asap:

How do I report a problem with my order?

First, contact the seller directly via Etsy Conversations to work toward a solution. On Etsy, each seller runs their own shop. Your seller will likely be able to resolve this issue with you. 

If you're unable to get in touch with the seller or to work things out with them directly, you can open a case to report that you didn't receive an order or that an item didn't match its description.

If the seller does not resolve your case in a timely manner, Etsy may suspend their shop. 

The date your order is eligible for a case is calculated from the order’s processing time and whether the order is being shipped domestically or internationally.

If a seller doesn’t add their own processing time, your order is automatically given a 5-weekday processing time.

Learn more about processing times.

Once eligible, buyers have 60 days to open a case.

looks like you may have missed the deadline to open your case, but maybe they will still help you

Anniversary
  • Options
    If you paid by PayPal you should be able to apply for a refund.
  • Options
    She should have a tracking number that she can give you to prove she delivered something to your address. Everything I've bought through easy gave me an auto email and a tracking number once the seller shipped it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards