May 2014 Weddings

Monday Progress Update - 2/24

I swear these weeks are just flying by! I feel like I just made this post for last week. Only got a couple things done this past week:

- Ordered tuxes for the guys
- Made the final payment on the cake
- Got the rest of the stuff for my BM's gifts in the mail

How did you girls do? I think I remember that someone's bridal shower was this weekend, but I can't remember who. Come and tell us how it was! :)

Re: Monday Progress Update - 2/24

• Mailed the check to the caterer after cancelling and rescheduling our meeting 3 times due to weather! Other than that though I feel like I've done nothing.. I made up a super awesome spreadsheet to keep track of my RSVP's once I send out my invitations. But my computer DIED so I don't know how I'm going to print them now!

Hoping to meet with the new photographer this week to get that all finalized! and need to drop off deposit to rehearsal dinner venue. hopefully this week is somewhat more productive than the past 2!
  • @tammym1001 you're so good about remembering to make these posts! Kudos!

Things we got done last week/weekend:

- Started addressing the invitations, we're at about 45/120 addressed. We still need to get stamps for them though.
    - Scheduled my first dress fitting! It's on March 7th!
    - Went through my old kitchen stuff and saw what I'd keep and what I'd give to my brother (freshman in college)
    - Updated my registry
    - Got our Guest Book (an awesome leather journal with a compass rose embossed on the front) for guests to sign and write a note in, instead of just signing their name.

And we're having our first meeting with our DOC today!
    Anniversary
  • Lots to update this time!

Our honeymoon was cancelled. No joke. After the ownership change to Sandals, our travel agent had them assure us that everything would stay the same, they weren't going to renovate while we were there, etc.

Then she called me on Wednesday and said, "So, I don't have good news. Sandals decided this morning that they ARE going to renovate, and the resort is closing April 1. You either have to transfer to a Jamaican resort, which I don't think you'd want because the Jamaican ones aren't on par with the Barbados one, or we have to cancel with full refund and start fresh." Oy.

So we cancelled, and they're processing the refund. Then I had to scramble to find something else because resorts on nearby islands are booking FAST, and we didn't want to go to Jamaica, Cuba, Dominican, or Mexico, OR spend an arm and a leg, AND it had to be all-inclusive (FI's only request), AND we wanted adults-only (if possible). We finally decided on Coconut Bay in St. Lucia, which has adults-only for half of the resort and is all-inclusive. I'm super excited now, but it was stressful!

On Saturday, I had my first dress fitting! I was nervous because I couldn't remember what I weighed when I bought the dress in October, but it fits PERFECTLY. We just have to take it in a few millimetres at the bust so that it doesn't gape (because I have a small band size), and then there's a tonne of hemming to do (11 layers of dress!) and she has to repair some small tears in the tulle because it was a sample by placing pieces of lace over them that match the pieces that are already interspersed in the skirt. And a French bustle needs to be added, and we're going to tack the first and second layers of tulle up in places to add more volume and keep them from laying too flat.

While I was in the dress at the seamstress' house, I got a call from our jewelry store to let me know that our rings were finally ready to be picked up! They took a little longer because, apparently, they ended up having to custom-make my ring instead of just sizing down the one they had in-store. I'm really excited and it's taking everything I have not to wear my wedding ring all the time hahaha

Tonight, I need to send my stationer the addresses for the envelopes, because I'm behind on that.

• Paid off photographer, paid off cater, paid off dj, paid off officiant,  paid off cake, bought batteries for centerpieces, got all our tableware bought, finished buying parents gifts. Invites ordered and on the way. I think thats it, I dont even know if ive mentioned thrm before as done! Gah! Time is starting to blur a little bit. ?..lol
  • We progressed a lot this weekend

- Meet with venue and finalized our menu and details

- Meet with coordinator and discussed Day of details

- My shape wear came in for my dress and my first fitting is tomorrow

- Designed my veil and it is in the process of being made.

- Ordered FI band

- All my girls have their dresses and tuxes rented

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also made our appt to get our license
  • I had my hair & makeup trail and first dress fitting on Thursday - went great, loved it all! I made an appointment for us to sit with our venue & caterer to go over the menu, all linens, etc. I just paid off our honeymoon today - the travel agent was offering $100 off if paid in full by end of the month....while $100 didn't make too much of a difference, it's still $100 savings so I'll take it. My mom and I settled on a lace trim for her to add to my veil (her old veil) and she ordered it. We also finished DIYing the ties we are giving to the groomsmen as gifts (plus one for FI lol) - they are navy blue ties (that match the girls dresses) with a patch (like an iron on thing) of a Mario character. My groom will have Mario (duh), his best man will have Luigi (double duh) and then we also have Toad, Bowser, a Goomba, a ghost and a Bob-omb.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I had my first bridal shower on Saturday - it was great!! I didn't get too much done since I had family in town, but I did get my thank you's done.
    Oh and I picked up the envelopes from the calligrapher and they look fantastic!!! :)
  • I feel like I haven't done too much.
    -finished addressing/stamping RSVP envelopes
    -ordered shapewear
    -bought thank you cards for my shower in a few weeks
    -got one of my bridesmaids completely fitted for her dress
    -made my hangers for the girls for their dresses (thanks for the idea @ArtTeacher23!)
  • @kellibastien Love it - those look so cute! Did the hangers come with the pink polka dots or did you add those yourself?
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23 They actually came on them. I am obsessed with polka dots, and that color pink is the color of the girls dresses. So it was perfect. I found them at Gordmans for like $1 a piece. I thought about adding the date as well... But part of me feels like with the polka dots, there is enough going on.
  • We have a baker for our cupcakes and she is paid in full. 
    Our invites are ready to go except for one cause he moved last weekend  I have his address I just need to redo his envelope. 
    I have my second dress fitting next week. 
    We still need a DJ which is starting to become a pain. 
    I have all my supplies for our favors. I'm still acquiring supplies for our centerpieces but those won't be put together until my mom is here in April. 
    My brother is ordained so he can marry us. 
    My shower date is set for April
    My MOH has her dress
    I still also need a stylist but at least now I know what I want

I think that's it for now. I do still need to talk to my FFIL about another project but I should be able to do that next week. 
    Anniversary
  • So I got nothing done this weekend. Had a mini-meltdown and decided I needed a break. FI is a warehouse manager by day and gigging/recording drummer by night. He's been booked solid the past few weeks and on his day off he's exhausted. I've been doing all the wedding stuff alone and got really burnt out.

Between monday-today, though, I booked our getting ready hotel rooms, got the paperwork to be signed for the caterer, and ordered our cake stand.

• @sarahsmiles326 - I've definitely had those moments where I was just like ok no more wedding stuff!!! :) 
  • dluberts said:
    Just have to share!
    Those are beautiful!
  • Thanks! I am so thrilled they turned out so well! I admit I was a little worried, I bought them from wedding paper divas so it was a guess as to how theyd turn out. They turned out better than expected, almost made me cry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards