Chit Chat
Options

Slightly Bummed

pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited February 2014 in Chit Chat
I was talking to a friend of FI's and mine from college and he asked if we had a date - I told him May 22, 2015. He recently became engaged, so I asked if he and his FI had a date and he said May 31, 2015. So at first I was really excited, as we should share our wedding month. Then he asked "Are you guys going to be on your honeymoon?" Crap. FI and I are planning on going on our honeymoon after the wedding, like maybe the next day or that weekend. So unless we go for 7 days and leave on the 23rd, we won't be here for the wedding.

I asked FI how long he thought he would want to honeymoon for and he said 2 weeks. I was like "2 weeks?!" He was like "Yea, don't people go on honeymoons for a long time, isn't that the standard?" Lol. 2 weeks would be awesome but maybe we should take it slow, plan for a week and take it from there.

Anyways, I know that it is still a far time out, and nothing is set in stone. I'm just kinda bummed that we might be missing our friends wedding, I was so excited to watch him get married. We'll see how it works out.

On another note, it's finally Thursday!!! Anyone have exciting weekend plans? My manager might be taking my team out for drinks tomorrow so that should be fun :)
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Slightly Bummed

• Options
    That stinks! Also, I would freaking love to go away for two week. Right now I'm trying to convince FI that we need to be in Italy for 10 days. *fingers crossed* 

I have good and bad weekend plans. I'm off tomorrow for a funeral (my cousin's 20 year old son) but Saturday I have my best friend/MOH's birthday party dinner and drinks in the city. So I'm really looking forward to that. 
  • Options

I would leave the day after and come back in time for the wedding if they are close friends...  Another option would be to delay the honeymoon a week and then leave the day after your friends wedding and be gone for the two weeks your FI is hoping for.  I think there are several workable solutions to this if you guys are willing to compromise.

YEAH Thursday!!!!!

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Aw, that stinks. Are both of your dates set in stone? If so, and if you reeeeally want to be there for the friend's wedding, you could always do a week-long honeymoon right afterward, and then take another vacation a couple of months down the line to a different place!

Also, leaving the day after your wedding does suck, but it happens. We're being forced into that after re-booking our cancelled honeymoon, because flights to and from certain islands only occur once per week. I'm not looking forward to the 9:00am flight, but so be it.

And yay for Thursday! I wish it were Friday already, though haha. I'm getting my hair done Saturday morning (seems to be a theme among us this week!), and then FI and I are going to a concert out-of-town Saturday night. Also, wine. Always wine.

• Options
    ClimbingBrideNY - Italy for 10 days would be soooo amazing! I do feel that I would want to do a longer trip if we go to Europe, as I would want to go to a few different countries and cities. I'm really sorry to hear about your cousin's son. 20 is so young. 
    Birthday dinner and drinks sounds like a fun Saturday!
    AprilH81 @pumpkinsandturkeys- I'm going to speak with FI and see what we could figure out. Both of our dates are set in stone, but that is the only thing that is. So if need be, we could probably be flexible in terms of the honeymoon. We originally wanted May 15th, but of course that date was unavailable! and Yes, always lots of wine! Have fun at your concert pumpkin!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    True story: We were gone for five days and actually planned to be back in time for our fantasy football draft. And no, neither of us gives a fig about football. So you can totally plan a shorter honeymoon if you decide you'd really like to attend your friend's wedding. 
  • Options
    We are getting married at the end of July and taking an obnoxious 3 week honeymoon in December. We want to start a family soon, so it may be awhile before extended vacations are realistic again.

I would absolutely put my honeymoon on hold if you can. I hate missing friend's weddings!
  • Options

If you have enough vacation time for 2 weeks then that's awesome. I only get two weeks per year so there's no way I'm using it all at once and then waiting a year for more vacation time. We're doing a tip this May, then the week honeymoon in September. I wanted the Friday before my wedding off to do logistical stuff so they are letting me take it unpaid. I think you could def be back in time for the wedding or like someone else said wait for their wedding then go away for 2 weeks.

I actually have a busy weekend for once- visit friend's new baby, florist appointment, surprise 30th birthday party for a close friend, and possibly having the electrician come fix my bathroom light (We've been using a lamp on the toilet for 3 months hahah)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards