Chit Chat
Options

It feels really weird

opening up Firefox and NOT immediately opening a million tabs of social media management stuff!

Really weird, but also strangely relaxing once I got past the momentary "what am I doing?!" panic. LOL

I'm technically on stand-by today and tomorrow, in case anything goes wrong or the clients have emergencies that the stand-in doesn't know what to do with, but I'm just gonna lie in bed, do a blog post, play some games, watch some movies. Maybe do some writing if I can think of anything to add to the story fragment I have. I got really bored with it, and I don't want to leave it because I know I'll never come back to it if I do. /writerproblems

So... What's the haps with you ladies?
imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

Re: It feels really weird

• Options
    I am having a bath and wine. It's been a day. I have 2-ish more days of work and then I am also not in SMM anymore.

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut (fixing the mishap from December) and having it made ombre. So I am very excited.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Yay! Champagne all round!

I'm due for a haircut too, but we don't like the one and only stylist in the village and I'm always too lazy to go into town to get it done...
  • Options
    I've been wanting ombre for ages, and my new grown-up person job seemed like a good reason to go for it!

And the cut is just growing out very, very badly.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I love the ombre trend, but I'm too scared to do it myself. It's one of those things that needs to be done right or not at all - I'm in the not at all category until I can find a colourist I trust!
  • Options
    My hair is already kind of ombre from running last summer, so I'm hoping it doesn't take much.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I love the ombre! Let us know how it turns out! My friend and her boyfriend broke up so tonight a bunch of us made plans to go out this weekend and make complete asses of ourselves to make her feel better.
  • Options
    Oh, I'll be posting photos!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I just freaked out a little...

I looked at my ticker and realised that the date we set for sending our STDs is in 6 weeks, and I have no idea whether this wedding is actually happening on the date we picked or not. GAH!
  • Options
    Remember that STDates aren't necessary so if you aren't sure, don't send them. You can always tell people later by word of mouth if necessary.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Remember that STDates aren't necessary so if you aren't sure, don't send them. You can always tell people later by word of mouth if necessary.
    I know but FMIL really wants us to send them because we didn't do engagement announcements and she wants her family in the US to have something "real". I'm sure by the time April 10 rolls around, I'll know what's happening though. I just need to get the venue and catering quote out of the venue owner, and then I'll know whether we need to postpone or not.
  • Options
    I'm going to loop back around for a second and say: ombré for all!!! You do need a competent colourist, though. But it's SO fun.

Alright, back to the STDs (seriously, I always think sexually transmitted diseases!)...

Even if you don't have it hashed out by then, you don't NEED to send them. I understand that FMIL wants the traditional thing, but she can send 'real' invitations to her family in the US once the time comes.

And is 6 weeks the latest date you can send them? We had a mishap with ours and they went out much later than anticipated, and it wasn't a huge deal. Not ideal, but whatevs.

• Options
    I have a 4 day weekend b/c I have to take my husband to the dentist today and tomorow.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I'm going to loop back around for a second and say: ombré for all!!! You do need a competent colourist, though. But it's SO fun.

Alright, back to the STDs (seriously, I always think sexually transmitted diseases!)...

Even if you don't have it hashed out by then, you don't NEED to send them. I understand that FMIL wants the traditional thing, but she can send 'real' invitations to her family in the US once the time comes.

And is 6 weeks the latest date you can send them? We had a mishap with ours and they went out much later than anticipated, and it wasn't a huge deal. Not ideal, but whatevs.
    SO fetch!

No, 6 weeks isn't the latest, it's just the date we picked to do it and I'm a little anal about stuff like that. Like if we say we're leaving at 9, I want to leave at 9, not still be faffing around the house looking for X, Y, and Z, y'know? Anyway. I'm over the freakout now - it was really more about me not realising how quickly the time was going than anything else, but I have been unreasonably stressed the last month or so.

I have a feeling we're going to end up postponing anyway. :( My mom said she would try to help us pay for things so we don't have to postpone, but I feel bad asking her to do that. It's not her responsibility. She needs to be worrying about her own future, not throwing a party for me. I have about a quarter of what I was aiming to save tucked away, but until I know what the venue's charging me, I won't know if it's going to be enough...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards