Chit Chat

Tattoo coverup for Wedding Day ?

Anyone have any experience covering up tattoos for their wedding day? I have a tattoo sleeve on my right arm that is all black and gray and one on my shoulder blade that i would like to cover up . I love my tattoos, just have always wanted to have them covered up for the big day . I was going to use Kat Von D's product but i havent seen that great of reviews about it. anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Tattoo coverup for Wedding Day ?

• Honestly no amount of makeup is going to give you the desired look. Even if you manage to cover it the makeup will run and be a mess by the end of the night. You're better off wearing a jacket.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Schatzi13 said:
    I think most people here either have chosen clothing that covers their tattoos or haven't bothered covering them. (I'm in the latter group.)

Same here. I know it's going to be a bit off-setting, but I don't have any plans to cover my half-sleeve of Iron Man for the big day. Hell, I may even give him a little paper tuxedo and top hat for the after party, lol.
    Anniversary
  • Can someone PLEASE explain to me getting tattoos and then wanting to COVER them? I just...nvm. 
    Anniversary
  • laceybirdlaceybird member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Can someone PLEASE explain to me getting tattoos and then wanting to COVER them? I just...nvm. 
    I think for the most part, the reason they want them covered is to keep from drawing in a lot of attention, especially if it's large and in a very obvious place (such as the arm, which is usually completely bare in a wedding dress). Some people, I think, just don't want a tattoo distracting people from the occassion, especially if they have a lot of relatives that they don't see very often and they don't want talk of their tattoo dominating what should be a day about THEM, not just their ink.

The main reason why I'm not covering up mine is 1) Too much work, 2) 99.9% of the people at our wedding (with the exception of some of FI's extended family) know about it and have seen it plenty of times, so it's nothing new.
    Anniversary
  • If you love your tattoos, I don't understand why you'd want to cover them up. I have a big one on my shoulder and can't wait to show it off in my strapless dress :) I know some relatives will freak out a little but don't really care. 

But anyway. This is what dancers use:http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_SK11.html?pid=21033&Shop=Style&SID=556625767 I haven't personally tried it, but the company makes good stuff. Maybe top it off with the matte sealer as well as using loose powder and it should hold pretty well. I don't know if I'd want to deal with doing that to something as big as a sleeve though. 
  • Kat von D's tattoo concealer is not thick enough at all. It will NOT cover a tattoo (although it's the bomb with covering dark circles). Dermablend, followed with a setting powder and a setting spray, is your best bet if you still want to cover it with makeup.

This option apparently works, but I'd use it with Dermablend as opposed to a regular foundation

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2014
    FiancB said:
    If you love your tattoos, I don't understand why you'd want to cover them up. I have a big one on my shoulder and can't wait to show it off in my strapless dress :) I know some relatives will freak out a little but don't really care. 

But anyway. This is what dancers use:http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/style_SK11.html?pid=21033&Shop=Style&SID=556625767 I haven't personally tried it, but the company makes good stuff. Maybe top it off with the matte sealer as well as using loose powder and it should hold pretty well. I don't know if I'd want to deal with doing that to something as big as a sleeve though. 

T hat works good. It is what I used when I still danced. However, I couldn't imagine covering my tattoos for my wedding. I love them and they are a part of me.
  • I would suggest theater makeup. My brother was in a play once, and theater makeup miraculously turned him from a pasty white boy to a mulatto to fit the role. Its thick, covers most stuff pretty well, and doesn't like to come off.
  • http://www.tattoocamo.com/

Check out that website. I'm also in the boat of why you would get tattoos and then want to cover them up. I mean before I got my tattoo I was looking for something so that when I get work I could cover it up, but it's in an area that is easily covered with long sleeves or jewelry.
    Formerly known as bubbles053009

• In the early days of Charmed they would cover the actresses tattoos with clothing, jewelry, or makeup.  I could always spot the cover up job on the one on Alyssa Milano's back.  It was more distracting than the tattoo was when they stopped covering them.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  I have heard that Hard Candy Glamoflauge from Walmart works well on covering tattoos. I have four of them but my dress just happens to cover them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards