Ohio-Cincinnati

Need Suggestions-DJ Butlers vs. Cincy Styles Productions

Hi friends,

I am looking to really save money on our DJ for our wedding. The  two companies that I've found for the best prices were Cincy Styles Productions for $500 (up to five hours) and Aaron Smith who quoted $495.  I may need someone for my ceremony and my 4 hr reception.  Most djs charge a ton to add an extra sound system for the outdoor ceremony. Cincy Styles didn't.  If anyone has any reviews on these two DJs or any suggestions for other DJs around this price or lower, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

Re: Need Suggestions-DJ Butlers vs. Cincy Styles Productions

• I have never heard of those dj's. So I can't help you there. We used Ryan from Cincy DJ's. I think he's slightly higher in price than those you have mentioned. He was the most reasonable price we could find for someone with high reviews. He did a great job for our reception. Since our venue was DIY we wanted to make sure we had someone that could take charge of the event and make sure everything went smoothly. He worked well with our vendors and made sure everything was well coordinated. good luck!
  • you might also want to check out Midwest Sound. They are based in Indy but they were fairly reasonable. When we first sent them an inquiry through their website it came back at almost $1000, but they had some promotions running and we got them for a lot less. They also gave me a ton of info and took the time to explain the difference between professional DJs vs. the craigslist guys.

(soooo glad I answered when they called).

The DJ was fantastic about playing our requests, and emceed the entire night. The biggest reason we chose them is that they have back-up DJs.

here is their website

www.midwestsoundin.com

• I met with the owner of Music by Request/DJ butlers & thought he was seriously insane.  My mother & I watched in horror as he constanty bounced around between sitting and dancing around the office.  He flat out told us he would not play certain music even if we requested it & would not obtain new music if we desired (the first dance song was pretty obscure & even the DJ we picked had to get it).  He criticized our musical tastes & was just ridiculous.  And Music by Request/DJ Butlers still uses CDs - no MP3s for them.  Maybe that's why he didn't want to get new music.....Stay far away from them!
  • Who was the owner that you met with? Was it Fred? He seems a little out there to me too but he has great reviews and I figured all that energy would make him good at his job right?
    I got quoted $1800 by them so OP what was your secret to get a $500 quote? That sounds amazing!
  • Just wanted to comment, I Know both fred (dj butlers) and anthony (cincy styles productions) Neither of them are craigslist DJ's. Both have many great reviews on the cincinnati BBB site. I am a vendor and have worked with both of them on different weddings and they both do great work,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards