Snarky Brides

Zola Website/FB

2»

Re: Zola Website/FB

• FWIW, I figured maybe you're not well versed in American slang so I paid good old dictionary.com a visit for you:

Slang Dictionary

hella definition

1. mod. 
      (a) hell of (a).... (Streets.) :  That's a hella long way to Vegas.

I accept that Merriam Webster has decided to not expand it's references to include slang. Guess that's their prerogative. Not gonna stop me from using one of my favorites though!
    Slang refers to words that are not real in the realm of proper english. Hate to break it to you, I'm not a proper lady. Therefore 'hella' is not a real word but seeing as how you get so confused about what words mean...I figure you're not well versed enough in the definition of a lie:

lie

1 [lahy] Show IPA
    noun
    a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood. Synonyms: prevarication, falsification. Antonyms: truth.
    something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture: His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
    an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.
    the charge or accusation of telling a lie: He flung the lie back at his accusers.
    verb (used without object), lied, ly·ing.
    to speak falsely or utter untruth knowingly, as with intent to deceive. Synonyms: prevaricate, fib.
    to express what is false; convey a false impression.
    verb (used with object), lied, ly·ing.
    to bring about or affect by lying (often used reflexively): to lie oneself out of a difficulty; accustomed to lying his way out of difficulties.
    Idioms
    give the lie to,
    a.
    to accuse of lying; contradict.
    b.
    to prove or imply the falsity of; belie: His poor work gives the lie to his claims of experience.
    lie in one's throat / teeth, to lie grossly or maliciously: If she told you exactly the opposite of what she told me, she must be lying in her teeth. Also, lie through one's teeth.

Enlightening. 

You are a liar and you are lying to people by omitting the truth of the legal status of your state of marriage.

Here's one for your hypothetical books: If you were asked in a court room if you were married or not you would have to say yes. You couldn't say well we haven't had a ceremony in Mexico yet and I just don't think the papers I signed count. Mexico is not your wedding it is a fake ceremony you are having to indulge the fact that you want one. Interesting that you've gone on and on about what a lying liar I am but in this silly hypothetical you assume perjury is off the table. Either this is a horribly thought out hypothetical or you don't think I'm just a horrible lying liar whose pants should forever be afire? Hypotheticals about the zombie apocalypse and winning the power ball are so much more fun really!

• How about we all just stop badgering STBMrsEverhart and instead just ignore her and hope that her and her bad ideas and opinions will just disappear after her "wedding" in Mexico is over with?

Because this constant fighting with her is getting nobody anywhere.  It is the same points being made over and over again and as far as I can see STBMrsEverhart could not give two shits what any of us have to say to her. 

• Well that was entertaining...
  • How about we all just stop badgering STBMrsEverhart and instead just ignore her and hope that her and her bad ideas and opinions will just disappear after her "wedding" in Mexico is over with?

Because this constant fighting with her is getting nobody anywhere.  It is the same points being made over and over again and as far as I can see STBMrsEverhart could not give two shits what any of us have to say to her. 
    I think you know that on almost every level, I agree with you.  I have in fact, advocated the same thing many times.  When I read a post that commands a response, however, I will engage, albeit reluctantly.  When I respond, it is not to engage with her.  I am more often than not trying to encourage a new poster to understand her "history" and why the argument continues.  Today on the DW board, there was success.  It was worth the effort.  

I will try very hard now to reinstate my previous shunning.  Ash Wednesday begins next week......
  • mobkaz said:
    How about we all just stop badgering STBMrsEverhart and instead just ignore her and hope that her and her bad ideas and opinions will just disappear after her "wedding" in Mexico is over with?

I think you know that on almost every level, I agree with you.  I have in fact, advocated the same thing many times.  When I read a post that commands a response, however, I will engage, albeit reluctantly.  When I respond, it is not to engage with her.  I am more often than not trying to encourage a new poster to understand her "history" and why the argument continues.  Today on the DW board, there was success.  It was worth the effort.  

I will try very hard now to reinstate my previous shunning.  Ash Wednesday begins next week......
    Oh, is that what you've been doing @mobkaz? I wasn't sure, it's been so unclear. And no, zero success has been made anywhere, my prerogative has never changed and I'll never stop voicing my opinion. I don't actually expect anyone to do the same, but trying to call me out specifically is just stupid, I'll not concede, it's just not in my nature. 

@Maggie0829, I wish the same. Nothing was ever going to change with our wedding plans despite countless hours of useless debating. And it's not limited to just women on the internet, I don't care what anyone thinks of me. 
  • mobkaz said:
    How about we all just stop badgering STBMrsEverhart and instead just ignore her and hope that her and her bad ideas and opinions will just disappear after her "wedding" in Mexico is over with?

Oh, is that what you've been doing @mobkaz? I wasn't sure, it's been so unclear. And no, zero success has been made anywhere, my prerogative has never changed and I'll never stop voicing my opinion. I don't actually expect anyone to do the same, but trying to call me out specifically is just stupid, I'll not concede, it's just not in my nature. 

@Maggie0829, I wish the same. Nothing was ever going to change with our wedding plans despite countless hours of useless debating. And it's not limited to just women on the internet, I don't care what anyone thinks of me. 
    Yet again, your arrogant and egocentric voice rings out.  Contrary to what you think, it is not now, nor has it ever been, about you.  It is not you I have ever wished to address or change.  But thanks for playing.
  • mobkaz said:

Yet again, your arrogant and egocentric voice rings out.  Contrary to what you think, it is not now, nor has it ever been, about you.  It is not you I have ever wished to address or change.  But thanks for playing.
    mobkaz said:
    mobkaz said:

Oh mobkaz, I do it all for the lurkers myself! And all the women who have PM'ed me to thank me over all these months. They make it worth my while! 
  • mobkaz said:

@STBMrsEverhart - I can reiterate my post to you as well.  Instead of engaging posters when they start badgering you about your "wedding" how about you ignore them and move on.  You are just as much to blame for all of these crazy hijacked threads as everyone else is.  So you and everyone else just needs to stop.

• @maggie0829 - You are entirely correct, I appreciate your clear concise judgement on this one. I will be starting to ignore this one as we all should be. Thank you.
  • mobkaz said:

@STBMrsEverhart - I can reiterate my post to you as well.  Instead of engaging posters when they start badgering you about your "wedding" how about you ignore them and move on.  You are just as much to blame for all of these crazy hijacked threads as everyone else is.  So you and everyone else just needs to stop.
    Your attempt at "...and that goes for you, too" makes me laugh @maggie0829. While I may not normally agree with much that is posted on TK, what I do chose to weigh in on never starts with a, "hey ladies, let's derail and talk about me specifically for a while..." 

Follow the threadjackings - it's never me who wants to turn any discussion inward. But trust, if someone wants to ask a legit question, quote me or try to call me out, I won't pay much mind to how many pages it's going to take, I'm going to answer or respond. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards