Flowers
Options

Flower issue

My ideal bridal bouquet consists of anemones, garden roses, dusty miller, hypericum berries and I am adding light blue delphiniums.  That being said, Anemones are a difficult flower to get.  I understand that this will increase the cost of my bridal bouquet because the flower is more rare. I am okay with that.  I have talked to a few florists, today, and they said, if the flowers showed up damaged, they would have to use a backup flower.  Would I have to eat the costs of the original flowers if they were not presentable enough to be in the bouquet?  Or do the florists assume that risk, and get the cost of damaged flowers refunded to them by the wholesale supplier or insurance?  Just wondering, I really REALLY want anemones.  They stand apart from every other flower I have seen.  But if I would have to pay for flowers twice, I may just go with cream or white ranunculuses instead.

Re: Flower issue

• Options
    This sounds like a question to ask each florist. You don't want to assume and be surprised. Just ask! Good luck!
  • Options
    Okay. I will. Sometimes, I just like to be as knowledgeable in a certain area as possible, before talking to someone, so they are more upfront and honest with me. (Just like how mechanics like to mess with you if you don't know a lot about cars, and may tack on extra charges because they know you are wet behind the ears.) People might not try cutthroat sales tactics or extra charges with someone who knows how things work.
  • Options
    Whatever you do, get it in writing in the contract!! This is very specific, and can see it becoming a "he said, she said" kind of thing and the florist easily tacking on the charges. Also be aware while they may say they won't charge you if they're damaged, they may put that cost elsewhere (rentals, other centerpieces, ect)

imageimage

• Options

I was supposed to have anemones in my bouquet and they showed up damaged.  My florist recommended some replacements and I went with white daisy's with black centers (similar look).  My price didn't change and come to think of it it should have been less cost since daisy's are so cheap.

I would check with your florist and have it written into your contract with whatever you both agree on.

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    Those are gerber daisies with the dark center.  They are more expensive than your average daisy.  But yes, they are beautiful.  I was thinking about cream ranunculuses with a dark center, instead, as my alternate flower, but gerber daisies would be beautiful as well.
  • Options
    Can you grow your own flowers? Just a thought.
  • Options
    I would rather amputate my left arm than grow flowers.  I have a terrible black thumb! Lol.
  • Options
    What about having silk ones as a backup plan? I also love anemones and am planning on having them in my bouquet. I'm doing artificial flowers, though.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any decent silk anemones.  Do you know where I can find a real looking anemone? I personally dislike fake flowers, but if it looks really maybe I can accomplish the look I want.
  • Options
    I have seen some nice ones on www.etsy.com. Here' a few other sites to check out http://www.afloral.com/Silk-Wedding-Flowers/Anemones_2/Anemone-Spray_2
    http://www.save-on-crafts.com/anemone.html

Or you can just google real touch flowers, silk flowers, latex flowers, etc.

I actually found some at my local flower shop, so it doesn't hurt to look there either. A lot of times in pictures I can't tell the difference between real and fake, and if it's only a few flowers out of the whole bouquet, it might blend in well. Worth a try maybe?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards