Canada-Vancouver
Options

Supplying The booze

My fiance and I would like to find a venue where we can bring in the liquor ourselves. Am I right to be searching out venues that allows outside catering? Is it best to find one that has NO onsite catering and book it all separately?

Any suggestions for venues that provide catering but also allow you to supply the liquor? I only know of one in Langley, its a private property but has a relatively small capacity.

Re: Supplying The booze

• Options
    bonitazbonitaz member
    First Comment
    edited January 2014
    The Van Dusen Gardens is BYOB, and they have a bunch of rooms with pretty big seating capacities, and they have a preferred caterer (or additional 15% for another caterer).  

Another one is the Burnaby Firefighter's club, they have the same policy; but bring your own caterer.  Both are arrange your own liquor license, of course.

It looks like the majority of places that let you supply your own bar, you also have to arrange for catering.  I think it depends how much you can handle organizing and/or if you have a wedding planner.  

Good luck! 

p.s. reply back if you find another place!
  • Options
    Hi,

I know of the following venues that allow outside booze off the top of my head:

La Perla Ballroom - New West
    Riverside Banquet halls - Richmond
    South Hall Banquet Hall - Vancouver
    Old Orchard Hall - Coquitlam
    UBC Boathouse - Richmond
    The Roundhouse - Vancouver
    Nikkei Centre - Burnaby
    Whonnock Lake Centre - Maple Ridge
    Fraserview Hall - Vancouver

I've bartended functions or attended as a guest and all BYOB
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board