March 2014 Weddings

Room block deadline approaching...

silver0319silver0319 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited February 2014 in March 2014 Weddings
Many of our friends haven't yet RSVPed or reserved their hotel rooms. We have about 9 days to go before our RSVP deadline and our room block gets lifted. I don't mind the RSVPs so much, but I would like to send an email to our friends reminding them that the hotel block will be lifted on Feb 28.  

Do you think that would be ok to send an email and Bcc everyone? Or should I just let it be, since they are all adults and can worry about it themselves?

Edited for spelling 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Room block deadline approaching...

• I would probably send an email. The block is only thing i think anyone should worry about...cheaper rates. Lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I kind of worried about this too, and then I thought "Meh....we're adults.  If ppl can't get their st*t together to get a better deal, that's their fault".  And I never sent a reminder email.  I then found out that our hotels would also continue to offer the block rate to guests who reserved later so in the end it didn't really matter.  
  • Thanks for the feedback! I just sent the email. I'm hoping that it'll also speed up the RSVP process amongst our friends!
  • We just got one email back that basically said, "We have your STD on our fridge, but never got your invite.  And oh, BTW, we moved."

I'm SO glad I sent this email, lol.
  • We just got one email back that basically said, "We have your STD on our fridge, but never got your invite.  And oh, BTW, we moved."

I'm SO glad I sent this email, lol.
    Isn't that the GREATEST? When they move and don't forward their mail, or inform their friends that are getting married that "Hey we moved!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • I reminded my guests.  I figured that, with all of the things that a lot of them have going on in their lives, it was the least I could do.  I sent out a reminder text to those who had expressed interest in booking rooms.
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards