May 2014 Weddings

Wedding Planner

Did anyone hire a wedding planner? I have a wedding coordinator at the ceremony and reception site that will help with picking out linens, chairs, plates ect. but I was wondering if hiring a wedding coordinator would be helpful. I have a pretty good of how I want my day to be and look like, but am having a hard time with coordinating color scheme and decorations ideas. Anyone hire one and think its worth it? Thanks!

Re: Wedding Planner

• I have a day of coordinator who I bounce general ideas off of.  Other then that it's all me, my MOH, and my mom and Grandma.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing the day of as well. It helps that a friend of mine does event planning as her profession, so I trust her. Plus, I don't want any of the day of headaches, after I've spent all this time planning the wedding, I don't wanna know if little snafus happen here or there! I wanna relax and just enjoy our day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a day of coordinator and a event coordinator from the venue. I also do not want to hear about any problems the week to the day of wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a coordinator at the venue and I also hired a DOC. I wanted someone to handle all the little things on the day of so that everyone (including me) can just enjoy the wedding and not have to worry about anything.
  • Also, we're getting a DOC to basically be the general of the day. I am not a planner or organizer at all and am going to LOVE not having to make sure everything gets done. We're meeting with her on Monday to start going over details, etc. I'm super excited!
    Anniversary
  • I have a DOC/month-of plus coordinator. We've met twice, she checks in on me, I bounce ideas off her, and she's done some print work/research for me.

She'll be assisting at the rehearsal and will be with my group the entire day with an assistant. Bonus-she's a college friend, so she gave me a 30% discount on her regular prices. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards