Snarky Brides

Disappointed in the color options for favor boxes, white or pink are you f-ing kidding me??? (vent)

Ok, so I went to this store that I get major discounts at because I work for corporate, and I know for a fact online they have many options of colors for these party favor boxes (simple things) and they come in packages of 100 so I would only need to buy 2. I go into the store (it's less of a hassle getting my discount that way). I walk in the store and ask where the favor boxes are and they direct me, I go over there and am royally disappointed in their color options - or lack there of. Almost everything is white including the boxes that I wanted, and I really want a splash of color at my tables. I maybe see two other options for favor containers in the color that I want, but it's essentially the same price as the original boxes but contain much less, so I'd have to buy more of them. I continue down the aisle and see a bit more color, but find that the only other colors I see in the wedding department are PINK and robin's egg blue (meh kinda over that color). My rant is that the wedding industry seems soooo narrow and seem to think that most brides want Pink barbie doll weddings. Curse you princess brides (sorry not meaning to offend anyone) but seriously??? Or the industry thinks we just want simple ordinary vanilla white. It's clear they sell the colorful shit online why not stock your stores with it too?

On a positive note the woman who helped me said she would call other local branches of the store to see if they can send it over. So I am appreciative of the helpful service. I'm primarily just further annoyed with the wedding industry and it's girly girl color pallets. Do any of you ladies feel this way or am I in the minority here?

Re: Disappointed in the color options for favor boxes, white or pink are you f-ing kidding me??? (vent)

• I used white metal buckets and used coral colored sticker labels for the color. Could you do something like that? I almost always order things online where there are more options.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Well, I guess if it came down to it, I would add color with ribbon or something along those lines. The favors themselves will at least be colorful, we're doing salt water taffies.
  • My guess is that white is essentially neutral, so it goes with EVERYTHING and it's not a seasonal or trendy colour, it's a staple.

But that is annoying
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I can get behind the white thing because it is very much a staple color and I expect it in wedding stuff, but they didn't even have silver? And the 1 color they have a lot in stock is bloody f--ing pink! They had robin's egg blue but that was in the baby-shower section.
  • I HATE the tiffany blue color!  I can't wait for that trend to die, already! 
  • You mentioned you work for corporate.  Are you in a position where you can talk to someone about the selection in the stores and make some suggestions.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well pink and blue are also good for baby showers and birthday parties, so they likely just have a lot more demand. It is frustrating, but it doesn't make sense for them to carry product at a loss.

At least you can order it online and now you've seen the boxes in person!
  • I just want to say I approve of your favor choice. Saltwater taffy is a great idea!

Good luck finding boxes. :)
  • wrigleyville Thank you :) We chose that because it reminds us of the beach, and the time that he first told me he was into me was at a beach, our first official date where we became a couple was in San Francisco Bay, and he proposed at an arcade by the beach, so that's the story behind the candies. Not to mention they taste delicious and are food allergy friendly.

mysticl I'm actually considering it, but the thing is I wouldn't know the proper channels to go through. At this point I'm thinking it might just be easier to order them online and go through all of the middleman headaches to get my discount. I wanted to buy them in the store because all I have to do is flash my card and sign an extra receipt. But to order online, I have to play the order as normal without the discount, then send the receipt to this one person, then they have to reimburse, but it's just an extra headache. I wish they just gave us a passcode to enter and the discount would automatically apply.
  • I agree with limited color options in stores! I did about 90% of my shopping online because of that!

Anniversary
  • Update, I figured out how to get my employee discount online so I was able to get my chosen favor boxes, but I still had to pay shipping bleh! Damn you store! Why can't you just carry more options? Oh well at least I got what I wanted with a discount, so it's all good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards