Not Engaged Yet

Monday (booooo)....

How was everyone's weekend???? My weekend went by way too fast! But I had so much fun!

Friday night FI and just sat around and watched TV, we didn't really do anything (that I can remember hahaha)

Saturday we got up early, went to the post office, then went to the outlets nearby. FI bought some new boots and work shoes and he bought me a pair of sunglasses that I've been debating to buy since the last time we went to Mexico. I was sold when @brisox81 came over and showed me hers! I want all the sunglasses now!!!!

After the outlets, we came home, I cut FI's hair and we met with the florist. I was SO nervous about our budget for the florist. She sat us down and asked us to show her some inspiration pictures. FI was very specific about bouts which shocked me! After I showed her what I wanted, she went in the back and came back with a quote which was 30% of our total budget!!!!!!!!! The florist worked with my dad's assitant, and they're friends so we got an additional discount above and beyond what she posted on her FB page. So now we have another surplus in our budget which we'll use for favors and/or more guests. I'm leaning towards more guests since I had to cut a few of my friends out so that FMIL could accomidate her guests. It's still early, we'll see what happens.

Saturday night we went out for Mexican with one of my work friends. She is hilarious!!!!! I can't wait to hang out with her again.

Sunday I did laundry and watched the last season of Breaking Bad. I have so many feels about the show now. I really get mad at show finales sometimes because the BEST series finale was Six Feet Under and no other show has lived up to that finale IMHO. FI and I went to bed early since I had to get up at 4am today for work. No, we didn't watch the Oscars :(

I've had about 3 cups of coffee so far this morning! Yay!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Monday (booooo)....

• @buddysmom80 - That is great news about the florist! Yay for being under budget! I know you woke up devastated that you missed the Oscar chat ;) 

My weekend was good! 

Friday, I had a Devils game (we won!).

Saturday, I slept in (until 8am!) and then proceeded to not move from my couch all day! It was glorious. I did a ton of research for my upcoming Costa Rica trip and I'm hoping to have everything booked today or tomorrow. 

Yesterday, H and I ran some errands then went to lunch and then had another Devils game (we didn't win, sigh). Then we went food shopping for the week, cleaned out the fridge, and then I watched all of the Oscars :)

• @swazzle I was sad I missed it! I wanted to stay up and watch the Oscars too, but I did google JLaw's outfit and she looked AMAZING. I freaking love her.

We did some grocery shopping this weekend too and it was CHAOS because of the "snow storm" we were supposed to get today! I looked outside this morning and not a flake of snow anywhere!!!! I'm hoping we don't see any more snow until like December 14th because 1) I don't want snow on my wedding and B) I don't want snow the next day because we're leaving for our HM.

Also, during lunch on Saturday I had a complete breakdown in regards to the wedding. I was drinking a little bit which probably didn't help but I said to FI "We're paying all these people and they have to work for US for ONE DAY! I can't handle it!" Mind you, I used to supervise people, but for some reason my mind on Saturday thought I couldn't handle it! FI just cut me off from the booze.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 - We made the mistake of going to Walmart before the hockey game yesterday because it's right near the pet store and we needed things like shampoo, deodorant, water, paper towels, etc. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. We stood in line longer than it took us to shop throughout the whole store. We got less than 1 inch of snow overnight. They were predicting a foot on Friday. 

• Swazzle said:
    @buddysmom80 - We made the mistake of going to Walmart before the hockey game yesterday because it's right near the pet store and we needed things like shampoo, deodorant, water, paper towels, etc. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. We stood in line longer than it took us to shop throughout the whole store. We got less than 1 inch of snow overnight. They were predicting a foot on Friday. 

The same thing happened to us too at Stop & Shop! We had a quick shopping trip but there were TWO lines open and all the scan yourself lines were backed up too! Some lady in a fur and Ugg boots tried to cut us in line but I wasn't allowing that. Good thing for us is that that Stop and Shop is doing pick up grocery service now so we might take advantage of that. Actually, we have a coupon for $15 off our first order so we 100% will and see how we like it.

I hate Walmart, I couldn't even imagine, I would've had such a bitch fit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@buddysmom80 YAY! I am so glad your florist came in under budget! I feel so happy whenever that happens to me too. Both of our bakers came in under budget too and I'm like..."Oh yay! Now I can put more money into x".

Friday FI and I had a date night. It was a lot of fun and I somehow managed to get totally drunk after 2 glasses of wine...probably because I drank most of those two glasses while we waited for a table so it was all on an empty stomach. Regardless I had a lot of fun and I'm glad we went out. The restaurant we chose happened to have live music and the guy singing was amazing! He did Johnny Cash and the Eagles and REM and some more contemporary stuff. It was a lot of fun.

Saturday we had our second cake tasting. I really liked her cakes, although the almond, spice, and pumpkin flavors were my favorite. I think I want to go back to the first baker and try her spice cake and vanilla almond cake though before I make a final decision. I liked the icing at the first baker more because it wasn't super duper sweet. Saturday's tasting gave me a sugar headache.

Sunday was sunny and 70 degrees! Woooooo!!! I made FI get up early and we went and did yard work for about 4 or 5 hours. I even managed to get a little bit of sun and now I have a tan line from my gardening gloves. We finished picking up leaves, rolled some super huge logs into our firepit area for bench seating, and started to clean out our pond because it got taken over my algae this winter. Afterwards we went to Macy's and Williams-Sonoma to do some registering! I enjoyed Williams-Sonoma a lot more than Macy's. The salesperson at Macy's talked forever and ever and I was like...I just want to register for some linens so please shut up and leave us alone. Anyway, Macy's took forever because of her so we didn't have time to register for everything I wanted so I'll probably just finish it up later online. I didn't watch the Oscars.

• edited March 2014

Our weekend was awesome! We had amazing weather too which makes today horrible since it's ugly and raining outside.

So, Friday we watched Gravity...thank God because it won like 1000 Oscars so I'm glad to know what they were all talking about.

Saturday We went to the park and ran another 5k, H improved on his time by even more but I didn't since I was focusing more on 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for running. Afterwards we went shopping for his stepdad's bday and got him some golf gear and I got my hair cut (drastically) yay! Then, we went to dinner with his mom and stepdad at this yummy Italian restaurant where we ate Grilled Octopus which was noms!

Sunday we slept in and H made sausage and eggs for breakfast. Afterwards, I bought a new spring wreath for our front door and some disc frisbees. We went to the park and played disc golf for the majority of the afternoon and then went over to my parent's house for Sunday dinner with @lmhollister and her FI. We dragged out the cornholes and played some.

• Nooo theknot.com is not loading at work! Stupid internet!!!!

Anniversary
  • @buddysmom80 glad the florist came in under budget! yay

Friday night I had another show my dad came FI came and a lot of other theater friends came.  Then I went home to hang out with FI.  Saturday I slept in, it was real nice to sleep in I just hung around the house cleaned up a bit and then went to my show.  It was our closing performance they all went well. Then we had a cast party I didn't get home until 3am I was exhausted. 

Sunday morning I had my hair and make up trial.  It went really well I really liked the make up that was done and I liked the second hairstyle that was done. So I booked with them. Yay Now I need to find a pretty barrette for my hair. I also had rehearsal for my next show on Sunday afternoon.  Sunday night I stayed on the couch and didn't move I was so exhausted and we watched Walking Dead.
    So I got a text earlier from my manager to work from home.  I look outside when I got up to start working and see there is like an inch of snow outside.  Not sure why I was told to work from home I've had to go in, in worse weather. Oh well... I won't complain,

Anniversary

• Happy Monday!! 

@buddysmom - how many missed texts did you have this morning? Cause we were Chatty McChattersons before we realized that the three of us should probably just start our own group text for Oscars only. 

Friday night, I didn't have to work for the first time in months, so BF & I went out for sushi with some friends. We have a place that's like $25/person, and it's all you can eat. I ate SO. MUCH. SUSHI. but it was all soooooo delicious. 

Saturday I had a men's lacrosse game. We won, and so it was fun. I went home after work, BF made a delicious dinner (chicken cutlets with roasted potatoes & brussels sprouts), and we just relaxed. 

Yesterday I slept in, got up & did some laundry, then BF & I met up with some friends at Dave & Busters. We played all kinds of games and won like 2200 tickets - we got Violet a little Batman toy. Last time we went, we got her a Madagascar penguin, and she LOVES him. When I left this morning, she was snuggling on her bed with Batman. She's such a goofball. 

And now it's Monday. Woof.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @brisox81 I can't believe there's a Dave & Busters near you and I didn't know! FI has been dying to go there FOREVER!

I think there were like 70+ texts when I looked at my phone! I was like "Oh yeah, it's Oscars tonight!"

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Buddysmom80 - YAY for money saving florists! That is so awesome!

@Swazzle - I'm sorry the Devils lost on Sunday, but those cookies looked freaking delicious. I hope that was worth the trip :-)

We had a really rough weekend. I was in all sorts of moods starting with Friday and I was a total bitch to BF. Thank goodness he's still here :-) 

Friday was hella busy with work stuff, I even missed seeing the girls off when their dad came to pick them up. It made me really sad. Saturday I had a showing, and then I went to my SIL's to get my hair highlighted. It was her first time doing highlights, but her mom is a colorist and was right there watching. They didn't turn out so bad, and they were free, so you can't beat that!

Sunday we went to church and I edited photos most of the day until my allergies got so bad I had to take a benedryl to clear them up and I ended up taking an impromptu nap. So needless to say I slept like crud last night. I'm VERY much looking forward to getting good sleep tonight!

• @buddysmom80 - you guys will have to come up & visit & we'll go!! It's SO much fun!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @buddysmom80 - you guys will have to come up & visit & we'll go!! It's SO much fun!! 

YES!!!!! I can't wait to tell FI later!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80, that's so awesome about the flowers! That's got to feel good to have worked out!

@TwoDimes, aww, sounds like you and your BF had a good weekend. He sounds like a keeper with the cooking and the flowers and the general awesomeness! :)

My weekend was lame. I just worked a lot and studied a lot. We actually do have a significant amount of snow right now; it started overnight, and I think we're supposed to get maybe 10 inches? So I will just hunker down and study for tomorrow's exam. I made slow cooker beef stew and some banana bread in the middle of the night on Friday (not sure what possessed me to start cooking all of this at bedtime), so at least I've got some yummy food to get me through. :)

• @TwoDimes - What did you think of Allegiant?

• TwoDimes said:
    Ollie08 said:
    @TwoDimes - What did you think of Allegiant?
    I liked it, but it was definitely my least favorite of the three books. 

I was sort of in shock for the last 30 pages or so. I just didn't believe that it was going to end that way, and I thought there would be some sort of last minute twist surprise.... but there wasn't. lol
    I have been dragging my feet on starting to read this book. I just need to make sure my expectations are so low that I am able to get through the book without tearing it to shreds. 

• Ollie08 said:
    TwoDimes said:
    Ollie08 said:
    @TwoDimes - What did you think of Allegiant?
    I liked it, but it was definitely my least favorite of the three books. 

I was sort of in shock for the last 30 pages or so. I just didn't believe that it was going to end that way, and I thought there would be some sort of last minute twist surprise.... but there wasn't. lol
    I have been dragging my feet on starting to read this book. I just need to make sure my expectations are so low that I am able to get through the book without tearing it to shreds. 
    I was told several times that the ending was terrible, worse than the Hunger Games, etc. I actually really REALLY liked it. I thought the ending was WAY better than HG, and I definitely didn't feel like throwing the book out the window like I did when I finished HG. If that helps.

• Hmm I'm glad to hear that @BriSox81 & @TwoDimes. I was less than impressed with the HG ending. And everyone seemed to loathe Allegiant, so I put it off. I guess I should get started since the first movie comes out this month. Thanks for the feedback ladies!

• Morning, everyone!

Friday night BF and I went to look at a townhome. 3 bed, 1.5 bath, but the layout was odd. Laundry was in the kitchen right off the garage, galley-style kitchen, dining room table was on carpet (pet peeve, but I could fix that), but then there was the living room. The guy was really trying to sell us on the wood fireplace, which just won't work on me. I kept looking around going "where would I put the TV?" because the smallest TV we have is 32" (or 36", can't remember) and it's too big for the space. Upstairs were the three bedrooms, which were all huuuge (at least the size of my parents' master bedroom), with good closet space ... but no proper storage. We got done, went back out to the car, looked at each other, and said "Where the hell are we going to put the Christmas tree?" So that one's a no. Others will come along, I'm sure.

We went to gaming Friday night, where I had to entertain my friend's GF (from the UO thread last week). Wouldn't have bothered me so much if he hadn't tried to get me to plan his proposal to her. I'm just not even going there - I only have so much energy to spread around and I am not allocating it there. So to cut the long story short, I ended up with a migraine, probably also caused by work stress. Just the week stacking up, I guess.

Saturday we did get down to my parents' place! Huzzahs all around! I got the baby blanket blocked (good, my mom needs it Saturday for a baby shower), we ate two awesome meals I didn't have to cook, and my mom ordered a new scarf from me. She saw the KAL scarf I did and her first question was "Didn't you make one for you?" to which my answer was "Mom, you don't like green." She's picking out yarn and sending it to me to knit up for her. It'll be fun - I liked working with this and I liked the pattern, so I'm cool with doing another.

Sunday was kind of a headache all around. Not exactly a bad day, but a day where nothing seemed to go quite right. We didn't get started on the day's events in the morning. I couldn't play the piano to save my life. I couldn't find throw pillows that fit my vision. Just one of those nothing-turns-out-right days.
  • This weekend was kind of the suck.  I left work a little early on Friday because I had a migraine and it continued most of Saturday so I hung out in the dark with an ice pack.  Yesterday, I holed myself up to finish a presentation for a conference I'm going to in a few weeks and I just sent it to my boss this morning.  We woke up to about 6 inches of snow and it's supposed to continue through the afternoon so H and I are at home trying to do some work and the laundry that I ignored on Saturday while I was in bed.  I'm wild, y'all.
  • edited March 2014
    @hummingbird125, one minor problem: you forgot to send the cheesecakes my way.

Beautiful dresses!

ETF: spelling
  • @Sakalicious - I'm sorry you had a crappy weekend. And I know the snow sucks, but Yay for snow day and an extra chance for you to catch up on laundry? 

• My weekend was pretty good. Drove up to bfs parents house on Friday night to spend the night, since bfs sons football game was fifteen minutes from them, and almost two hours from us... Which meant I should've been able to sleep in?.. Nope. Bfs niece bonzai jumped on me in the air mattress to wake me up....at 7:30, when we went to bed at 1.... Ugh. Saturday was football. Both our quarterbacks didn't show. Ones aunt died the night before, so that was understandable, but the other (our 1st string) apparently went on a walk, didn't say where he was going, and no one knew where he was. We ended up winning, but our offensive coordinator is terrible. He keeps jumping kids from position to position and they end up not knowing what the hell they're doing. It's so frustrating, especially when I know how good these kids are. Sunday we drove home, fb went and played golf with bossman and other managers. I baked a bunch of stuff and did laundry. He came home not feeling well so we crashed out about 8:30, which means I missed walking dead :(. I do have it recorded so I'll probably watch it tonight before the Following
  • @twodimes I definitely dragged my feet on reading the last book of the series too, I almost didn't care at this point. I was a bit shocked at the ending but I felt the ending was better than the hunger games.

Anniversary

• @Ollie08 thank goodness for the extra day.  That pile was menacing haha
  • @Sakalicious - I bet! I haven't folded the laundry from last week (although let's face it, it's already considerably smaller than when it started). I'm skipping DD's soccer practice today so I can stay home and fold. Laundry… It's the suck. 

• @Ollie08, I just tried to avoid folding the already-clean stuff by going out to clean off the cars.  Between 2 cars, all of the doors are frozen shut so I can't get to the brush/scrapers.  I got as much as I could with my hands, but I'm too short to reach the tops...those will have to wait until tomorrow haha....guess I'm out of excuses for folding.
  • @sakilicious, I hate hate hate folding clothes... I don't mind washing and drying, but the folding and putting away- suuuuuucks.
  • @ollie08 oh god, my allergies have been awful all weekend (and today).  I feel ya.  I just wish I could breathe without sniffling and ya know, not have a perpetual headache due to sinus pressure.

@irishdreamer sorry we missed each other saturday!  I'm kinda glad you were as crazy busy as we were, lol - we went to the jeweler, then straight to baseball, then showers, and straight to dinner and dessert with a groomsman and his wife.  I was wiped by the end of the day, but at least I didn't get sunburned like FI did :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards