March 2014 Weddings

AHHHH! Marriage License time

We will be going for our marriage license in about 30 minutes.  I just filled out the application and have been on the verge of tears since filling it out.  I'm nervous as hell and also excited.  I'm freaking out just a little bit.  

I just hope that we'll have our license in time.  I was told they don't have their computers up and running (which I think they might as my email that I sent this AM was responded to) so that it would be about a week before we get it....so I have faith that maybe, just maybe we will get it with in the 3 days window that I was told on Tuesday when I called to set up an appointment.  

How did everyone else handle their marriage licenses?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: AHHHH! Marriage License time

• Hope it went well! 
    I think there's a 72 hour waiting period in NJ, but we filed ours in late December or early January.  I'll pick it up a week or two before our wedding. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Here in Philly we just walked into city hall, they asked us some questions, and then we left with the license, all under 10 minutes.  It was the most efficient thing Philly has ever done. 
  • Well, we went in and stood around waiting for the clerk to help us.  She had greeted us and then left the room with a "I'll be right back let me get the folder" and disappeared for 10 minutes.  No big deal we were having fun listening to our comic relief (aka Best Man/Witness).  We gave the application in, bestman/witness filled out his section...we all signed and did our oath.  We were told we could pick up the license on March 10th.  I told her that she told me on the phone I could have it by February 28th.  She said that she didn't realize how many licenses she had (which is BS there was ONE other one in the folder) and she is swamped.  Ok, sure.  I'm sure if we went to any other location - we would have it in 3 days. 

I cried during our "oath" and cried as we paid and got our receipt.  I felt like I was going to be sick.  It's nuts how you feel after doing something.  It becomes "real."
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • It's real now, huh?!

You so scared me though!  I just had to double check to make sure we don't need to get ours until 3 days before.  My FI is in the AF and won't be in town until a week before. Lol.  Also don't have to bring our witnesses.

• Yeah @Cokezerofreak it has become real.  We go on March 10th to pick up the marriage license.  Actually, FI goes to pick it up as I work until 6pm every day and he gets out at around 3pm every day.  Thinking about it now, I hope he makes it to pick it up before they close at 4:30. hmmm......

Each state is different.  Back, a while ago - say 79 - NJ used to have blood tests in order to determine if there were any diseases, etc before you got married.  They don't do that anymore...THANK GOD!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • In Florida you can get it 60 days prior, so we did it around that time. We were in and out in 15 minutes with our license in hand.

11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did ours this past Friday, and are picking it up tomorrow morning :)

I feel like I have so much stuff to do I don't have time to be emotional lol... I actually got on a train from Manhattan to come into town just to do this task, which took all of 10 minutes.. and then got on a train right back to work!  We had to call to schedule and appt. and that was the only day available for last week.  Oh, well! All done now :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards