Florida-North Florida

Inexpensive DJ

We are still on a crazy hunt for DJ.  It's really not in our budget to get one but at this point, we have no choice.  Our original plan was to have a friend host and used borrowed equipment for music, but it's like the more I think of that, the more turned off I get.  Kind of feel like that may not turn out that great. 
Anyone know of a DJ in the Jax/St Augustine, FL area that has done weddings before?  It doesn't have to be some big shot company, we are ok with the local club DJ as well ;) Any leads are appreciated ladies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Inexpensive DJ

• edited December 2011
    I don't know his rates or anything but Carlton McGee is a great DJ.
    http://mcgeeentertainment.com/
    If his rates are too high, he may be able to recommend someone. Hope this helps!
  • Navywife310Navywife310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using DJ Steadman (djsteadman.com) you can google his name and see his reviews. I am getting music (you can even create an online profile and customize your playlist months before the wedding!), uplighting (14 lights), and extras that I personally might not even use for around $700. He is former military and is very fast at responding to emails! I can't wait :) Good luck in your search!!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the thread 18 posts down about McGee Entertainment. I haven't worked with them personally, but from what I've heard before they aren't good. I am using DJ Joey. He isn't advertised, but was highly recommended by my wedding planner. I have his email and number, but I'm out of town so I'll post it, if you want, when I get back home. I forgot to add that he is about $700 for 4 hours.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm considering Mr Dj and www.pyramiddjs.com 

Pyramid is slightly cheaper in cost so I'm leaning towards them
  • edited December 2011
    Disc Jockeys to Go - came highly recommended by my venue. Got 5 hours for around $800
  • edited December 2011

Rhythm of the Night
    http://www.therhythmofthenight.com/

he was my DJ, he based in Orlando but will travel to St. Augustine, works with your budget.. will NOT disappoint!!!

Anniversary Birthday Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Bobby from ABC Djs. He is amazing and his rates were amazing !! Fit right into our budget :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards