Just Engaged and Proposals

Best Engagement Present?

My MOH just got engaged and I want to get her a nice little gift to congragulate them! I love getting small things ( we got an ornament) with our date on it. What did you get that you just absolutely love?

Re: Best Engagement Present?

• My BFF got me an ivory Coach clutch. It's fabulous. She said she knew I would be running tons of wedding errands and thought I could keep my small items there. I plan on carrying it at the wedding and storing cash/gloss/etc in it.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• The best engagement gift I got was my brother's excitement and support. He had had reservations about my relationship, and I was a little afraid of his reaction to our engagement. But he was super psyched. 

As far as actual things go, when my BFF moved in with her boyfriend, I got them mugs from this Etsy shop that say "Playa" and "Shawty." They still display them in their kitchen. That shop has Mr./Mrs. ones now too.
  • My sister gave me a pair of Tanzanite earrings as she knew I love the stone and looking for a piece of jewelry studded with it. They are just beautiful and I love to wear them often.

• We didn't receive any physical engagement gifts.  But our one friend did take us to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for a nice dinner to celebrate and another friend sent a heartfelt card which was really sweet.

• My grade partner brought in a mini bottle of champagne to celebrate (also because I LOVE champagne) during lunch the day after I got engaged.

I also did mini bottles of champagne and cards for two friends who got engaged over the summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I loved ring cleaner to keep my new bling nice and shiny.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My future father-in-law got us tulip bulbs grown in a special pot.  I love houseplants so I thought it was super sweet that he remembered and got us something.  He also wrote a super cute card with lots of XOXO's!  :-P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have not received any engagement presents yet (just shy of 3 weeks), but I guess I didn't know that was common so I am OK with that! We did get a couple cards from some family - which I loved receiving.
  • My bridesmaid and MOH sent me a beautiful white dress that I will use when I take my engagement photos. My MOH also sent me a Mindy Weiss wedding planner and organizer. I LOVE it. 
  • My staff at work got me a super heartfelt card (which totally made me cry!), a gift certificate to Ruth's Chris steakhouse ("for your first meal as an engaged couple!") and a gift certificate to my favorite spa.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards