Getting in Shape

Cross Fit?

I'm doing a little playing around with Google Maps checking out what fitness options are available in my new area and one of the things that comes up is a CrossFit place.

It seems like this something that's around in a bunch of places so I was wondering if anyone has tried a class before?
We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cross Fit?

• Okie doke, I asked my cowoker who knows allll about different types of exercising, and apparently CrossFit is what the guys in the movie 300 used to get super ripped.

However, it's also apparnetly about $150/month.

Yeah, no thanks!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It rocks!!!! I just started about 2 weeks ago. My BF has been doing it for just over a year and she looks great. It is hardcore - you either love it or you hate it.

I worked out today and fet like crying but when I finished the workout I felt as if I'd accomplished something.

The 150 is hefty but the way you feel and the strength you gain is priceless.
    I have to give up some other things in my budget to do this but it's so worth it.

I increased my deadlift from 119 to 140 in a week. I'm still out of shape and not ready for group classes but each workout I feel stronger. Check out the crossfit videos and on the nest there are a few girls who crossfit on health and fitness.

Best thing is to go and see it for yourself.
    GL

• Hmm...I thought it was strategic airbrushing that gave the guys those 10 pack abs on 300:)

I'm a fan of hardcore workouts (boxing, spinning) but crossfit wasn't for me. My friends and coworkers do it all the time and absolutely love it though.

$150/month is pretty steep. I'm sure there are places that would offer drop in sessions if you asked and wanted to give it a go.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards