Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Facial Masks

I want to start doing weekly facials at home to get my skin looking good for my wedding. I have sensitive skin. Do you guys have any suggestions of facial masks? I looked at the drug store and I didn't even see anything for sale. 

Re: Facial Masks

• Options
    I have been wanting to do the same thing. I have heard Mario Badesku (sp??) products are really good, but I've only found those on amazon. I'd love some suggestions too!
  • Options
    I use Origins clay mask (at Sephora's). It's on the expensive side, but it's the best I've found! If you're looking for something cheaper, St Ives clay mask is also good!
  • Options

Is it too late for this post I have a few home remedies ive looked up and tried

• Options
    I love the Origins Clay Mask, Origins Out of Control Mask (when I have terrible breakouts), Dermalogica Masks and LUSH has some amazing fresh masks for all different types of skin problems.
  • Options
    Old post?  Well if it's still applicable I use Glamglow, it's pricey but AMAZING, I put it on my nose where I have a bunch of black heads and after like 20 minutes you can see all the gross shit that was in my pores mixed into the clay- then my skin looks awesome!  I also use their night mask that you apply and leave on overnight, and it's equally amazing, it moisturizes wonderfully and smells like vanilla cake!
    If you're willing to splurge on anything, Glamglow is worth it.  I only do this once ever two weeks though because I don't want to blow through my glamglow too quickly.

A cheaper option, and what I do in between, is to use baking soda as an exfoliant (I use it daily but every other day is also good) and coconut oil as a moisturizer- my mother also does this and while I rave about it making my skin super clean, bright and soft, she raves about it eliminating her acne issues!  We also put vitamin E oil on our faces as a night cream.  I've noticed my eyelashes look much healthier after the vitamin E.  As for a face mask, try mixing Avacado and Honey, or oatmeal and honey.  This is all extremely cheap but very effective! 
  • Options

Glam Glow is great. Also like their new eye mask/pods.

Mario Badescu is also great, and less expensive than other lines.  I use the enzyme mask.

I also really like some of the Bliss masks. I use the Steep Clean mask and the oxygenating one. Every now and then they turn up at TJ Maxx. Otherwise you can always try EBAY for deals.

Also consider a really good night cream... can do wonders!

• Options
    I got this WEI Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask in a Birch Box a few months ago and loved it, then was able to find more of the sample size pots on eBay for a really good price. I've done that with the Mary Kay microdermabrasion kits too - reps who were going out of business and whatnot, always sealed NIB packages. Great way to try new things without committing to a full size (and full price) package. 

• Options
    @HaileyDancingBear which specific Glamglow products do you use? Amazon has like 15..lol.. I have the same issue with blackheads on my nose and nothing seems to remove them. :(:(
  • Options
    katieg520 said:
    I have been wanting to do the same thing. I have heard Mario Badesku (sp??) products are really good, but I've only found those on amazon. I'd love some suggestions too!
    They do have Mario Badesku products at Ulta now!
  • Options
    What type of skin issues do you have? Plain yogurt is a great mask. Queen ann mint mask is great too. For dry skin Origins drink up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards