New York

October bride

I am getting married at Ventosa this October and we are having a on site ceremony. We are concerned about the weather. RJ told us our back up plan would be to have it on the back terrace. Any advice? I don't know whether or not to stick with the outdoor ceremony or change it to a church.

Re: October bride

• Are you allowed to have a tent put up? I got married outside like two miles from there and our forecast called for serve thunderstorms. Ended up being sunny and not a drop of rain. Their back terrace will still offer you views of the wineries and the lake, yes? It's really up to what you and your FI want. Weather is a gamble no matter what. Just gotta roll with the punches. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI and I are getting married at Knapp Winery on Cayuga Lake in late September (ceremony and reception both at the winery). Their backup plan is to have it in the barrel room where the cocktail hour is should it rain (it's all lit up in white christmas lights - very pretty). In this part of the state you never know what the weather is going to be like. I'd be more concerned about it being chilly in October as well as possible rain. If you're happy with the back terrace (I do know that winery is very pretty and I love the view) and you're not concerned about being a little chilly, I'd just stick with having the ceremony there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards