Honeymoon Discussions

October honeymoon help!

Getting married October 11, 2014 and are wanting to go somewhere warm, to an all inclusive, for our honeymoon. Hawaii is just out of our budget, which we want to keep under $6,000.  We have heard some good things about Cabo, about the Secrets Marquis or the Secrets Pueblo Los Cabos, but then reviews tripadvisor say the food isn't very good and the resort isn't much fun. Also heard nice things about Riviera Maya, but that hurricane season can be pretty bad. Anyone been anywhere warm in October and been happy???

Re: October honeymoon help!

• I don't know this for a fact. But is Cabo actually in the Hurricane zone because it's on the Pacific side of Mexico?

I feel like I've read great things about Secrets from the girls on here.
  • October is peak hurricane season on both the Atlantic and Pacific sides.

Buy trip insurance if you are going to Mexico/Caribbean/Florida.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • We are going to Secrets Maroma (supposed to be the best beach) on October 26th. It's in the Riviera Maya and I know some people are anti-Cancun but we like the option of having activities/sights outside of the resort. Not too worried about hurricanes since it's the tail end of hurricane season but trip insurance never hurts!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I always recommend cruises.  If there is a hurricane that week, the ship will change course and go where the hurricane isn't.  Cruises include your food, but drinks, tips, and excursions are extra.  You should arrange your own airfare, too.  A good travel agent can help you look at your options.  They cost you nothing.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Sicily and southern Italy is lovely that time of year. As is north but not hot--cooler.

• I don't know this for a fact. But is Cabo actually in the Hurricane zone because it's on the Pacific side of Mexico?

I feel like I've read great things about Secrets from the girls on here.
    Pacific hurricane season ends oct 15.

• On the Pacific - try Costa Rica. We wanted a cabana on the beach so went to a more secluded place - Montezuma. Kind of a hippy town but the hotel we stayed at was very nice - Ylang Ylang beach resort. Also stayed at Tabacon Hot Springs resort in Arenal. We hire private transportation through anywhere Costa Rica. And did a raft trip through Desafrio (Rio Toro - class III IV rapids)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards