Moms and Maids

Trouble picking a gift for one of my bridesmaids

After much lurking on this board I've decided to pick very personal gifts for each BM. Some of the girls have been soooo easy, some that have been hard but I've managed, and one that I'm having a weird problem picking a gift for. This girl loves wine, so I thought about getting her wine related items (an instant wine cooler, a wine rack etc.). Well it turns out she's getting me a wine cooler for the wedding. We drink a lot of wine together...Is it weird to get her the same kind of thing she is giving me? I also just got a wedding gift in from a different person (a Sodastream), when she was over she mentioned how much she would love one of those, but didn't want to splurge on it. It's about the exact price I'm trying to spend on BM gifts ($100-$150). Would it be weird to get her this, since I just got one for my wedding.

Re: Trouble picking a gift for one of my bridesmaids

• Not if she mentioned she wanted one. For either the wine cooler or the Sodastream.
  • It's perfect. 

• Sounds good to me!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • She'll appreciate that you remembered her mentioning wanting one!   
  • It's great that you're going about gifts the right way! I would suggest the wine rack and a good bottle of wine. Sodastreams do have upkeep costs that some people don't know about ex. CO2 containers. I would hate for you to get it for her and then have it relegated to a dark corner of her kitchen. If you think she's willing to pay those upkeep costs though you have a tough decision, soda vs wine. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm going to go with the wine theme. I didn't think about the CO2 container upkeep, which I know about but don't know if she does.
  • Either option is fine. She likes wine--so do you-- so your gifts will be similar and that is totally OK!  I had wine themed bridesmaid gifts for some of my girls.  I bought their favorite wine with a wine holder, bottle topper, travel sized bottle opener, etc.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards