May 2014 Weddings

sad today

So far this whole month has been kinda sad, were down to 86 days till the wedding and I truly am excited.  But I cant help but have yhis sadness hanging over me. Today its really bad. When I think about our day im immediately reminded that the one person I always dreamed about being there wont be. My grandfather passed a year ago today and I miss him dearly, we were very close andhe was the person I looked up to most. And although I know my day will still be wonderful I feel like im missing out at least a little bit. And even though I miss him, I would not wish him back. His body had failed him and could not wish that on anyone, so for today im just sad.

Re: sad today

• I'm so sorry for you. My Grandpa passed away 18 years ago in May and I know I am still going to miss him at my wedding because we were so close. I am going to tie his wedding band to my bouquet so I can have part of him there with me. Can you do something like that?

As for today, take some time to remember him and the good times and know that that's how he would want you to feel. He doesn't want you to be sad.
  • I'm sorry you are feeling sad today.  We won't have any grandparents at our wedding, unfortunately.  Both of our grandmother's died within the last year or so  It is sad to think none of them got to be there to see us get married, but i know they are looking down and partying up in heaven for us.    I am trying to find something to incorporate from my grandma as maybe my something old or something borrowed.  Maybe you can carry soemthing of his on your wedding day?
  • I'm sorry :( I am incredibly close to my grandfather and can't imagine how you must feel.
  • I think im going to attach a fishing lure to my bouquet.  Fishing was his passion and he made his own lures, we hzve  few around thehouse. Im wrapping my bouquet in a white hanky that was mygrandmothers, she has also passed,  and ill attach the lure to that. Thanks for the warm feelings ladies! 
  • Ugh I know the feeling. Tomorrow will be 16 years since my nana passed away. Her and I were super close and I took it extra hard bc she passed suddenly. Every time I've put my wedding dress on at the bridal store the light has flickered. (We always say she visits via the light) I went tonight to shop for accessories and it happened again! It took everything I had to not cry. Think of all the great memories you have. And make sure to honor him in your own special way.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I completely understand. I've had quite a few sad days lately. My sister/Best Friend passed away in September. And its been 15 years since my father passed. No one understands the pain of missing a dear one unless you've gone through it.

I love that you're honoring your loved ones in your bouquet. I was thinking I'm going to include a candle,a picture and also an empty chair. (Not in my bouquet :-)

My prayers are with you that you'll feel your grandfather's joy, love and comfort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards