Oregon

Outdoor wedding...possibly a state park?

We would love to get married outdoors by a river. We are possibly thinking about  the Clackamas. Does anyone know of a good state park/campground? Also any tips or advice? Thanks! :)

Re: Outdoor wedding...possibly a state park?

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Milo McIver. It's about 45 minutes from where I live in close-in SE, about 30 minutes, I think, from Clackamas/Oregon City. The park has a group campsite away from the rest of the campgrounds and the Clackamas River runs right next to it. It was called Group Camp A when I reserved it, but I believe the site is now called Kingfisher. 

Babies
    Offbeat siggy challenge: Furbabies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever been to Cresap Bay campground?  I haven't been there for a few years but they had a group camp area on the Lewis River/Merwin Dam. It is a loop with a covered shelter and large grassy area in the middle.  It also has rest rooms close by.  I remember thinking that this would make a nice cheap wedding/reception venue.

If I remember right, you would need to pay for all 15 sites in this loop to reserve the area. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies!! I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will be checking these places out soon. They sounds/look amazing!
  • eospassioneospassion member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.portlandspirit.com/marinepark.php

While searching for our venue, we did consider the Gorge Sternwheeler. They picked the Marine Park as their ceremony location in one of the pictures on this page. It looks absolutely beautiful!!
    ~All the love you put out will return to you~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards