New Jersey

best 'extra' you've seen at a wedding?

hey all!

I would like to add a little something fun to the reception... we have a friend who is giving us a photobooth for free., but I was thinking maybe a cigar roller, or a caricaturist or something?  wondering if anyone has any fun (but not craazzzyyyy expensive) ideas!

Re: best 'extra' you've seen at a wedding?

• I wouldn't go to over the top with these things because they tend to detract people from the dance floor in my opinion.  
  • edited March 2014
    We had a photo booth - and it was used the entire time. 

We also had an event painter - http://www.theeventpainter.com/
    Guests were able to watch her paint and we now have the finished work hanging in our home.

Then, we had a candy bar, as well as a tray of cigars (no roller - just with a custom sticker wrap, with the cigars placed on a silver tray for guests to take if they wanted.)

I very much disagree with them taking away from the dancing. Our dance floor was filled the entire time. Dancing is not at all important to me (I only danced our first dance with my husband, and then with my father, and that was perfectly fine with me), but obviously there were many guests who did want to dance and were able to do so.

Having all the other "stuff" was nice for those who still wanted to be entertained, but didn't want to dance the entire time. As a guest, I usually don't dance, and super loud music paired with nothing else to do  doesn't make for the most fun evening. (I understand that not everyone shares this thought, but hey - that's my opinion)  I wanted there to be enough things for everyone, and it worked well.

As a guest at other weddings, I have seen carolers and Santa Claus (for December weddings). 
    If your budget allows for it, I'd say go for it!

Edited cause I had typos
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• A photobooth sounds fun!
  • Friends had a cigar roller at their beach wedding and I lovedddddd it! Unfortunately most pics of me have a cigar in ny hand or mouth...lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards