Ohio-Columbus

Experience with Melee Photography

Does anyone have any experience with Melee Photography? Please let me know if you have anything to say about them, we are considering them for a photographer!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Experience with Melee Photography

• I have no experience with them, but wanted to try and offer something helpful for you. Here's a recent post I made not he photo and video board…hope it help with your search.
    Some of these are answered on Melee's web site, which was pretty nice minus some silly grammar/ spelling mistakes :-p

Look for a number of wedding, not just one good wedding. Look at the composition of the photos. Take a good look at group photos, everyone LOVES the photojournalistic poses of the B&G - but they often overlook the group images. You know the one of your whole family that you mom wants not he mantle. Don't get caught up in the still life pics - anyone can put a ring on a heel of a pretty shoe or take a photo of a dress in a window - just tell them you want it.
    Ask about back up cameras. Second shooters. What type of lenses do they prefer and why. How do they deal with lighting. Do they have experience at your venue?
    Do you get the digital rights? Do you get ALL the photos or how many? Are they edited? How big will you be able to print them/ how large will the files be? Turn around time.
    And above all - are you comfortable around them??
    GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• edited January 2014
    OMG! I'm a ditz…I just realized YOU asked that question on the P&V board. Doh!! :-p

Melee looks like a solid photographer. They are higher than I was willing to pay, but just a little. Honestly, I'm surprised they aren't cheaper since they are in Newark.

What package are you thinking about getting? Why do you like them? They aren't on my radar…but my favs in central Ohio started around $3K…despite being a photog (not weddings) I wasn't willing to pay that much.

• Thanks @photokitty :) I am thinking about package 2 for $2500. I don't need the upgraded book and extra canvas for package 3.

I was looking through their Facebook albums of weddings and I really enjoyed all the detailed shots as well as the group shots.  I also like that they have experience at the venue that we are having our wedding/reception at.  

They include an engagement shoot so they can get to know us, which is nice to have so we aren't going in not knowing them at all.  They seem like really great guys and will be easy to work with and seem to want to just do everything that will make us happy! 

Some of the other guys that were recommended to me were way more expensive.  I like their shots just as much so I think I may just go with them and save some $$!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree, I would say you need #2 for the print rights, but #3 had a lot of extras I wouldn't want.
    I used Noah Joy. It was a little cheaper, not much.
    My favs are $3,500 or more. So I won't even say who :-p
    What's your venue?

• @photokitty - The Boathouse at Confluence park! I'm so excited and love it there, especially the views of downtown! Where did you have yours?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same place - the views are awesome

• That's awesome! I know who to direct my questions to now ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Feel free to ask away - you might not like all the answers :-p

• My photographer takes some amazing shots, tons of experience, and amazing prices! :) Let me know if you want info.
  • @knotporscha Vendor post again.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards