Georgia-Savannah

Guidance for Wedding in Savannah, GA....

HI Ladies!

I am just engaged and could use some guidance in planning a destination wedding in Savannah, GA.

I would love to know venues for ceremony and reception....also since a destination wedding...pass along those amazing wedding planners!

My fiancé and myself are paying for the wedding, approx. $12,000 and less than 50 people.  Intimate and cozy....amazing food, and bluegrass a must!

Thanks ahead of time for all of the two cents!  Kari

Re: Guidance for Wedding in Savannah, GA....

• Hi Kari,

We had an amazing (and rather affordable) reception at Vic's on the River.  We did our ceremony outdoors at Whitefield Square and it was beautiful. Our wedding planner was HORRIBLE (to the point that I'm researching lawyers in Savannah, since our wedding was also a destination wedding) so I can't help you there, but if you want to send me a private message, I can tell you his name so you know who to stay away from.  Our room block was at the Hampton Inn at 603 Ogelthorpe - affordable for the guests, GREAT staff, very friendly, and really nice for a Hampton Inn.  I would recommend them to anyone.  We also rented a room there and catered food in for our rehearsal dinner so nobody had to leave the hotel (since parking downtown can be such a pain.)

Congrats and good luck with your planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Less than 50 people for $12K is a cinch.  Easily done.  I highly recommend 10 Downing.  The food is fantastic and the service is great. The venue is beautiful with old hard wood floors, a gorgeous bar and plenty of space for 50.  You can also reserve the rooftop for a fee.  It's a great space for a Bluegrass Band.  Look up Georgia Kyle for that.  
    Brockington Hall is also a great space and fairly inexpensive.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Me and my husband had our wedding at the Savannah Botanical Gardens.  It isn't downtown Savannah, which also means no tourists or homeless people at your wedding.  It was very cheap, less than $500 for 4 hours, save money on flowers since it's a garden, they provide chairs and chair covers, there is also a 1800's farm house on the property than can be used for rain, and to change.  
    We also did a destination wedding, and the wedding coordinator at the gardens made things so simple.  

• @ashleyholland6 I'm waiting for the director at the botanical gardens to email me back, but I was wondering if you can tell me how many guests they can accommodate. We are looking at around 100. Also, how far is it from the beach? We want to have a beach ceremony and then possibly have the reception there. 
  • @raeah219, It's about 30 min from the beach.  I also wouldn't choose it for 100 people.  It could get tight.  For a reception after a Tybee ceremony, I'd look into the Tybee Light Shrine Club on Tybee, Vic's on the River down town or Skyler's downtown.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards