May 2014 Weddings

Monday Progress Update 3/10

I addressed all of the invitations! (huge relief, now we just have to stamp and send them out this week)

I set a date to get together with my mom and MOH to finish al the paper flowers for the centerpieces.

I contacted my reception coordinator and asked a few questions, found out the Friday wedding before ours got cancelled. This means we can set up on Friday instead of the morning of! *happy dance*

Re: Monday Progress Update 3/10

• @Jstump2 That's awesome! Addressing the invitations was such a paid! I did all of mine by hand and I had to take breaks every ten minutes or it felt like my hand was going to fall off, LOL!

Saturday, we met with our florist to discuss options for bouquets and centerpieces... However, I think we may end up doing silk flowers for the centerpieces. I ordered a couple just to see what the quality is like, and if I really like them, we'll use them for our centerpieces. Our florist says it will be impossible to get peonies with our budget, so I'm hoping the less-expensive silk peonies are beautiful :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got my bach party details and date set. Got the many bags of nuts and mints for our tables at the reception.  Other than that nothing else was done, two of my kids were pukey, the third was not breathing good. Take him to the dr and find out he has pneumonia and strep. It was a long weekend
  • I got a lot of stuff done this week, but the most important was we finally found an officiant!!! I'm so happy about that. I was starting to get paranoid. We're meeting with him on Thursday. The rest of the stuff I got done:

- Picked all my flowers for bouquets, centerpieces, and decorations.
     - Took my cake topper to my baker to be sprayed to match my gumpaste roses
     - Addressed invitations
     - Embossed all my invitations
     - Mailed a sample invite to myself to see how the wax seal holds up in the mail.
     - Bought undergarments for under my dress
  • People told us they got their invitations on Saturday! And my shower is this weekend, eek! I booked my hair and makeup, my girls' hair (assuming they want it done--I can cancel it if needed), booked my trials, and ordered some rentals we need. I also had a lot of church and house related stuff going on so it was a pretty busy week. I'm hoping to buy a shower hostess gift tomorrow (do you all think a box of fancy chocolates and a sweet note are sufficient?) and need to get moving on bridesmaid gifts.
  • *elle.*elle. member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    @MrsAitch I think your hostess gift sounds perfect. I had my first shower a few weeks ago and this was what I gave my girls:
  • This was a busy weekend for me as well. People started receiving their invitations and we got 3 RSVP's back in the mail. We booked hotels for OOT guest(3). And we started drawing out our seating chart so we only need to add in names. This week we meet with minister to go over ceremony details.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those mugs are so cute! What a great idea!

My fiance just texted me that our first RSVP came in today! Woohoo! Also, I forgot earlier I went to Michaels and bought some fake flowers for my toss bouquet since mine will double as reception decor. I am so excited about it. I bought 3 little bunches that are already grouped together. I am going to tie them in one big bunch, but right before I toss them, I'm going to sneakily untie them and there will be three bouquets being tossed instead of just one.
  • Working on Invites still
    FI finally thinks he knows what he wants to wear
    Went through registries and pared down/added a few things.

Trying to finish up a bunch of stuff today/tomorrow.

Anniversary
  • We ordered FI's wedding band on Saturday! It was a little more than what I was expecting to spend for it, but we've been to 3 different stores and he didn't find anything that he liked or that felt comfortable to him so we ended up going back to the lil expensive boutique jewelry store where he had tried on one that he couldn't stop comparing the others too. But I must say, although we felt so outta place in the store/area the customer service we got from the manager who helped us was great - she even gave me an extra discount since we came back a 2nd time and gave us a free engraving too! We have our menu planning meeting with our venue/caterer tomorrow night so I'm excited to get that done.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm new, but we ordered our invitations and address stamp. Our invitations are shipping out tomorrow. I should have ordered TY cards but I still have lots of time for that. We've booked our photographer, have our mariachi and have my hair and MU trial next Saturday. I still have a lot to do (flowers, church stuff, gift table and other decor, buy alcohol), but I'm not too worried.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards