Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

affordable reception for 175 guests

Everywhere I've looked is over $50 per person. Is there anywhere in our around New Orleans that is cheaper than that? I really don't want to do everything myself at an empty hall but that's what is looking like. Btw it will be feb/march 2015. Help!

Re: affordable reception for 175 guests

• Options
    Try the Columns Hotel on St. Charles. All of their package options are under $50. The least expensive is $29.50 and the most expensive is $39.50. I just got their pricing info today, so those should be current prices. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You can't fit 175 people into the Columns.  You can try Smilies if you are willing to look outside of New Orleans.  It's in Harahan I think.
  • Options
    I have the info for the Columns also. The bar is not included in those prices. I had them send me the info on the bar. The cheapest alcohol package they have is $24pp and you have to have a bartender for every 50 people. The bartenders are $75 each. I would be averaging $53 pp not including tax and gratuity. That's the problem I keep running into. Lol sounds good at first.
  • Options
    Oh I was assuming you meant under $50 for just the food. I haven't seen anywhere that includes alcohol for anything close to $50 pp in New Orleans proper. If you find somewhere, please post and let us know. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try southport hall. They have packages starting at $28 per person.
  • Options
    Actually Southport Hall starts at $38 a person but that does include booze so it is still a good deal.  
  • Options

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation is awesome! There are also a few others in the Harahan area (Magnolia Plantation and Courtyard on the Ridge) that should be within that price range. If you are looking specifially in the city though, you will pay the price. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards