Wedding Reception Forum

D&D and Starbucks

Does anyone know how to get one of these kiosks at the wedding? I am not having any luck! thank you :)

Re: D&D and Starbucks

• vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Are you talking about having a manned kiosk that will give your guests coffee?  Seems like overkill.  Just set up a coffee station by the cake table.  Your caterer should be able to do that for you.

ROCK IS KING!!
  • Thanks for your opinion but for not actually answering my question... I guess.
  • Can you call your local starbucks and ask?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I tried calling and actually when I am in the store speaking to a manager, I get nowhere.  I emailed corporate twice with no response.  I guess I just have to dig a little deeper, was just wondering if anyone has done it and may know who I have to call.  I will keep trying. :) Thanks!

• I don't think I've seen this before. Is it common? Is there a way to check with your reception to see if this has been done before?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • I tried calling and actually when I am in the store speaking to a manager, I get nowhere.  I emailed corporate twice with no response.  I guess I just have to dig a little deeper, was just wondering if anyone has done it and may know who I have to call.  I will keep trying. :) Thanks!

If this happened to me, I would assume they dont want my business and move on to another idea.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I worked at Starbucks for years and the only options we had were an office coffee service where the company could either receive coffee carafes, cups, Tazo Tea, and ground coffee to keep in their break room or anyone could call ahead and order a coffee traveler. We had two options the little cardboard ones that hold about 12 cups of coffee or this huge 5 gallon dispenser that we could rent out. 
  • Oh thats good to know... I dont know anyone who works or has worked there, so thank you for commenting.  I saw it years back at my ex-bf's friend's wedding.  Thanks again everyone, I will keep trying, if no luck then it wasnt meant to be. 

• Oh thats good to know... I dont know anyone who works or has worked there, so thank you for commenting.  I saw it years back at my ex-bf's friend's wedding.  Thanks again everyone, I will keep trying, if no luck then it wasnt meant to be. 

Was their wedding in a hotel or similar venue? The only reason I ask is because their venue may have had a Starbucks cart available as an add on. 

While most stores are part of the chain hotels, bookstores, grocery stores etc have a license to sell Starbucks coffee and use the logo, but aren't officially one of the stores. With the exception of malls the rule of thumb is if it inside another building it isn't actually a Starbucks. 
  • It depends on the market but aren't a lot DD's franchised? If so, check for the franchise signs in a few nearby locations and call that number.

Starbucks tends not to be franchised (if memory serves) so you'll need to speak with someone either at a location or at corporate.

I'm betting that you're getting caught in mailboxes of people who have no idea what to do with your request. Sorry!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Why not talk with your venue and see if they can buy starbucks or DD coffee grounds to use at your wedding. Then you can have signs at each carafe saying that this carafe is Starbucks whatever and this carafe is Starbucks whatever else.

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You might have better luck asking a local caterer. 
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    All I am saying is that the amount of hassle that are going through to get a kiosk is not necessary.  If you are Starbucks and DD and they running you around, I would imagine it is because this is not something they normally do.  It seems like a waste of effort and money, especially when you can have a coffee service through your caterer or do what  Maggie suggested and buy coffee.  
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
     My cousin is up there in the whole Starbucks business, and I just messaged her, asking how you'd go about this. (Or if it's possible). Pretty much anything is possible though, if you have the $ to make it happen. I'll msg again once she gets back to me, & let you know what she thinks you could do! 

In my unprofessional opinion, I'd think to call corporate. You should be able to get a contact number online.  

Talk soon!

*J
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2014
     @tizianacino -

Okay, so Starbucks totally does this! (Although, it's not like a mobile type unit, they just send someone & set up a station). She said your best bet is to get in contact with the GM of the store, and get the contact number to the closest distract manager(s). It's not the GM of the store who would deal with this, it's whoever the distract manager in the area is. She said cost would depend on how many people, and what exactly you want. (Just coffee? Lattes? Cappuccinos? Food?). (Although, side note, she does not recommend doing lattes, or milk based products for these events, as they don't serve well). She doesn't have exact figures, (and said cost could depend on whether or not you're in Canada or the US), but for around 200 ppl, for coffee only, & someone to serve it, you're likely looking at upwards of $800-$1000. 

Hopefully that helps a bit!

*J 
  • JMalettas said:
     @tizianacino -

Okay, so Starbucks totally does this! (Although, it's not like a mobile type unit, they just send someone & set up a station). She said your best bet is to get in contact with the GM of the store, and get the contact number to the closest distract manager(s). It's not the GM of the store who would deal with this, it's whoever the distract manager in the area is. She said cost would depend on how many people, and what exactly you want. (Just coffee? Lattes? Cappuccinos? Food?). (Although, side note, she does not recommend doing lattes, or milk based products for these events, as they don't serve well). She doesn't have exact figures, (and said cost could depend on whether or not you're in Canada or the US), but for around 200 ppl, for coffee only, & someone to serve it, you're likely looking at upwards of $800-$1000. 

Hopefully that helps a bit!

*J 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards