Ohio-Columbus

Used Moving/Packing Boxes?

Does anyone know of any stores/locations where I can get free boxes for moving?  I would hate to pay for new ones.
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Used Moving/Packing Boxes?

• donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    I recently got a bunch of boxes from Kroger.  It was random, because I was shopping while stocking was going on, and there was a giant pile of flattened (yet big) boxes.  I asked if I could take them, and was told sure!  Once I used some good packing tape, I had 8 nice strong boxes.  (These weren't "banana boxes - which I believe are coveted for movers, but simply canned food boxes)

I also got some great copy paper boxes at Staples once the same way ... 

Maybe you could ask when a good time would be? 
  • Thank you @donethat !  We have some boxes to start the staging process with, but nowhere near enough to finish, let alone actually pack.
  • Check with liquor stores as well. They have a lot of sturdy boxes.
    Have fun moving!! :-D (or try to have fun at least ;-p)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• @photokitty

We are VERY early in the process.  The goal is to have the house on the market in 6 weeks.  Everyone (especially our realtor) is expecting it to move quickly so we need to be prepared from day one.

This is the second time I have sold a house so I'm not super nervous, but the thought of trying to simultaneously buy and sell makes me a little uneasy.  I really don't want to rent somewhere short term (plus we have a cat that could complicate matters) and I don't want to settle for a house we don't love.

I've been looking online and have a list of favorites started, but who knows how long they will be on the market.

If I ever change careers it would be into real estate.  I've not done it yet because the unpredictable income was too much risk for me as a single woman.  Now that I have H, I could probably do it if I wanted to.

• I work for a hospital and our supplies come in heavy duty boxes and I have been taking them and storing them in my basement for when we do the same from my fiancés parents house. If you want me to, I can start collecting some for you, I work at Mount Carmel West Hospital. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I work for a hospital and our supplies come in heavy duty boxes and I have been taking them and storing them in my basement for when we do the same from my fiancés parents house. If you want me to, I can start collecting some for you, I work at Mount Carmel West Hospital. 

That would be wonderful!  I work in Dublin and live near Easton, but H and I could meet you just about anywhere.  Let me know when you have some and we can meet up!
  • I live in delaware. I'll start collecting now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have about 8-10 maybe a few boxes and was wondering if if you wanted to meet up sometime to get them or wait til I had more. Let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards