March 2015 Weddings

Flowers

What kinds of flowers are you considering? I am not a flower person so I know nothing about what is considered in-season for our weddings. Thoughts??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers

• I'm actually doing paper flowers! 

I am not a flower person either and I didn't like the fact of spending so much on something that wouldn't last longer than maybe a week.

My wedding theme is based around music, so we are planning to do music sheet paper to make the flowers. I am meeting with someone next week that I met through the videoagrapher I booked. So excited to see her work in person!
  • This link has a list of when popular flowers are in season:

http://baysidebride.com/2012/02/confessions-of-a-diy-bride-flowers/

• iI am doing fake flowers. no way am iI spending tons on flowers. 
  • We'll be using lots of daisies. I love them, and the smaller ones and Gerberas are in season in March.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just met with our florist over the weekend. We decided on coral roses, hydrangeas, and some greenery. I had no vision regarding flowers and now we do so I'm excited about it! Managed to spend about $1000 less than we expected too so that's always nice lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tcnoble Yay for savings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not a flower person either! For bouquets & boutonnieres, we're doing wood/paper flowers! I already put the order in and we're waiting now just to see how things are coming along. SO EXCITED! We're getting my bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 groom boutonniere, 8 groomsmen boutonnieres, and 4 corsages for $251!!! Then there's a standard flat fee of $60 or something like that, which is perfectly fine with us!

Centerpieces and the like, since we're doing mason jars + lanterns, I'm thinking mostly candles (floating in the mason jars, in the lantern, and scattered around?) that we may just buy some sort of white flower in bulk to stick in a mason jar or two on the tables. :) I know nothing about flowers so I'm going to have to really start doing my research soon... I've heard that babies breath smells bad?!! I didn't know that so that sort of killed the whole babies breath in bulk thing for me, lol.

Your flowers sound so freaking pretty! What all did you get for less than 1k?! I got a quote from a florist for 4 grand and that was when I was like OKAY NOPE.
  • @gcwoolwedding I didn't get them for LESS than $1000, I managed to SAVE $1,000 lol for my bouquet, 6 BMs, 2 flower girls, 10 boutonnieres (sp?), 4 corsages centerpieces for approx 20 tables, cake topper, random decor, lantern/votive rentals... It'll be about $2500!! Not too bad! We lucked out because one of the really highly recommended florists here in a Vegas runs her business out of her home - so they are able to do it all more affordable since they don't have the overhead of a retail store. We REALLY lucked out lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As someone in South Florida, the only seasons we have here are warm, hot and hotter! Is early March considered late winter or spring  in deciding which flowers are in season?

imageimage

• Same here! I think fake flowers can be really beautiful if done right! 
  • The only flowers we are planning to do is the bouquets for my bridesmaids.  For those we are doing paper flowers!  For my bouquet I am planning to make a pearl bouquet and I haven't decided what if anything we will do for the boutineers.  

Sorry if this picture is horrible but these are some of the flowers I've started on.  We only have about 20 done so far and this doesn't include all the different patterns.  They are going to take forever so yes, we already started on them.  Still have to add pearl centers to them.  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards