New Jersey

Nj, need a nice outdoor cocktail area and modern indoor area?

Hi all! I've recently begun my search and can say that NJ offers many typical banquet centers :( I live in central nj and am willing to drive up to one hour for a nice venueM I love the look of park savoy but they are booked! Saw a few places such as pavilion manor, palace, but they just don't give me the wow factor? I saw gramercy online it looks nice! However it's right on a highway! Any advice for a sleek modern yet classic place that does not have the banquet funeral parlor feel? With lots of greenery feel to it ? I am beyond frustrated! Any tips or suggestions of places would be welcome. Something that won't break the bank 150$ max!

Re: Nj, need a nice outdoor cocktail area and modern indoor area?

• Il Tulipano has a gorgeous outdoor area and is very modern. You can get $150 depending on season/ day of week.

My venue, the Knoll Country Club East, does cocktail hour in a tent but I am not sure if it would be modern enough for you. We are paying well under $150.
  • You might want to try looking at McLoone's Boat House in West Orange, NJ. It was one of our top choices and might be something you might like as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Not sure of your budget, but if you looked at Park Savoy these should all be do-able for you. I'm not sure they are all modern either, but I wouldn't classify Park Savoy's ball room as modern either.

Ryland Inn, Liberty House, Crystal Plaza, Fiddler's Elbow

• west orange has like 5 great places to look at.... or westminster hotel in livingston is awesome and modern
  • Thanks for the recommendations! I am trying to not spend over 150$. I feel like the places in west orange are out dates and remind me of when my parents went to weddings when I was a kid lol! Park savoy is all practically booked for 2014'. I was looking for early or late fall wedding. I've been to a wedding at park savoy and honestly the food wasn't outstanding. I heard they went thru so,e renovations but for their prices I'd rather do it at skylands lol. I will def check out the above recommendations thank you all so much.
  • ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Addison Park has a beautiful outdoor area that can be used for cocktail hour and a very modern look
  • McLoone's definitely has a modern interior - whereas the other places in West Orange don't. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards